Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

World of Warships THRED

My poor Svietlana is such an unlucky ship.  I can't seem to find a decent team in it...loss after loss.  It isn't a ship with which you can carry your team like the Kuma or Phoenix. 

However, I finally ground my way through it, and got the Kirov.  It is a totally different game style than the early gunboat cruisers.  The Kirov plays more like an Aoba or the buffed Furutaka.

Speaking of the Furutaka, I finally bought it back.  The new "C" hull turns it into a baby Aoba.  It is so much better than when I originally tried the pre-buff version.

Kirov's cool but frustrating. Nothing generates citadels like a Kirov, and nothing gives citadels like a Kirov that has to turn. I've got an Aoba, and it's finally clicked for me, but I really want to go back to the Furutaka to see what it's like.

Konigsberg's a real cool ship, the rear turrets getting 360 degree turn makes it so great at just charging in and aggressing someone's face. It also makes it really great at getting way too deep too soon so look out for that.

What's the consensus on WT implementing PT boats?

I'm leaning towards 'dumb verging on pointless', but that may just be excess butthurt from never getting to make use of the secondaries in WoWS...

It might be amusing but it's going to be a quick time waster not something actually worth playing unless they somehow do something amazing on the game design end.

It has become "World of SMS Nassau" on the NA Server.  I've seen seen so many BB in low tier matches before.  It sucks to be a gunboat cruiser captain, but carrier and destroyer captains might have a field day if they play their cards right.

You'd be right. On the other hand, the pubbie RNG is horrifying. Links are because I'm pretty sure this forum software can't cope with 3440x1440 images.

http://imgur.com/LSx77Sg

48k damage. Loss because the other side got the good carrier driver, and he killed me, while ours had a chance to light the enemy's cap attempt and instead flew his torp bombers to hit an afk battleship that wasn't even afloat when the torps got there.

http://imgur.com/P1fvZ21

54k damage. Loss because the team decided to go one way and didn't have the common goddamned courtesy to actually win that side.

http://imgur.com/3DR8FpY

56k damage. Loss because the team melted, and the enemy cloud of cruisers knew their game. Also because our last cruiser didn't have the good goddamn sense to get behind an island. Also he was mystified by the holy mysteries of the R key.

http://imgur.com/xQPzLdg

I was very done by that point. I asked the team if they knew how to shoot in front of red ships. I got told to just play (by a guy who went on to get 170 or so xp). And you know, I hadn't tried that before. 99k damage later, I got timed out while looking at their carrier through my gunsights. I'd like to thank the academy and guys who don't turn their battleships.

Finally got into the Tier 4 BB SMS Kaiser.  She can do some work if the enemies cooperate.  Just had a 7 kill game with her: 2 BB, 2 CL, and 3 DD.  Honestly, I would have lost on points if the last enemy ship, a Omaha, had not decided to be stupidly aggressive.  He had finished off my last teammate, and was completely out of sight.  All he had to do was run away and hide.  However, I believe he thought that he could just race in and torpedo me to finish in style.  To his credit. he was very good about not showing his broadside, but I was able to keep pumping main battery shells into him.  He finally got so close that my secondaries put in the coup de grâce.  Never charge a near full health German BB in a CL.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh goody they're giving out anime ships for people who show up and have a pulse. Done with the first two stages of the cruiser one, hope this one doesn't talk in goddamn paragraphs.

Don't forget that you can use any ARP captain in any of the ARP ships.  At least these will come with 6 points each when awarded, unlike the original Kongo and Myoko prize ships.  The grind is a lot easier this time, just pure damage for the most part.  The first time, you had to shoot down a ridiculous number of planes and sink a large number of destroyers.

Don't forget that you can use any ARP captain in any of the ARP ships.  At least these will come with 6 points each when awarded, unlike the original Kongo and Myoko prize ships.  The grind is a lot easier this time, just pure damage for the most part.  The first time, you had to shoot down a ridiculous number of planes and sink a large number of destroyers.

I did the destroyers and didn't get the Myoko because I wore out in the damage dealing section. Somehow between that and my automatic revulsion from learning that Haruna has a barbette for her damn head I've missed out on all the captains that aren't squeak toys that talk in paragraphs.

May be a glitch, but heads up for shots passing through ships with zero damage.

Literally, broadsided a 'can with my Texas for zero damage, and in my "effort" (Absurd scrabling between dropping my beer and slapping the mouse) watched a full fucking spread go plumb through this thing with no effect.

Secondaries and my going full retard ram-mode finished it, but I saw it later with other players and ships.

• 2 months later...

Let me guess.  You had the two capture assists which gave you a big bump in base XP.  Then you have the premium ship bonus to XP.  First win of the day also doubled your base XP.  

The uber high credits came from completing the Shipsgiving Cruiser mission.  Each class-specific Shipsgiving mission is worth 1 million credits.