Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Ukrainian armor - Oplot-M, T-64M Bulat and other.

LoooSeR

Anybody know how we can prevent that here?

It looks like here has "show all" set as default. Of course, no way of knowing for sure until february

Oh fucking really? How do you make it not do that?

On TN, at the top of each board there's a bar with buttons for "recently updated", "start date", etc - different ways to filter the threads. right hand side of the row of buttons is called "custom", you can set the desired cutoff date in that

T-64E.

I didn't added it in first page because it is minor T-64 variant. Only real difference is turret busket with interesting idea of mounting secondary weapons.

tpsOOsz.jpg

Secondary weapons are mounted in special turret busket as cylindrical modules.

jPHqcFP.jpg

It is mock-up/prototype currently. 23 mm 2-barrel GSh-23L can be mounted in this modules. AGS, Utes and other weapons also can be mounted. I bet this commander sight is not BM Oplot half-ton monstrosity.

vdzauiC.jpg

I am interested in how much ammo this vehicle can carry for 23 mm autocannons, but no info is avaliable about this.

dCgDRab.jpg

ERA is not new, but layout is better than what you can see on T-72B3. Also i think i see that second module have HMG + Grenade launcher mounted together.

D8gUWPw.jpg

UMzW5lD.jpg

It does look like T-72 Moderna.

drhrsx5.jpg

LKkEug8.jpg

dTRLUww.jpg

Video with this thing, that you maybe saw already:

Problems with BM Oplots are not special for that tank, they are usual for Ukraine. You can see same thing with Ukrainian BTRs for Iraqi army 1-2 years ago - not a single vehicle was adopted by Iraq without repair or more waiting that planned. Quality is subpar, corruption (which is i think main reason - people "around" factory want to have a piece of that deal), etc. create majority of those problems.

Kharkov could produce about 40-50 tanks per month in Soviet times, now Ukraine can't do the same with 50 tanks and 3-4 years. Ukrainian industry was underfunded and was robbed for 20 years, after all.

...fighting in the civil war, presumably. ;)

Actions of other countries during 1918-1922 Russian Civil War does not make it something else than Russian Civil War.

I was watching for situation in Ukraine and Eastern Ukraine pretty close using direct sources instead of media pre-made opinions that they spew around (thanks to understanding of Ukrainian and knowing Russian) and Ukraine had almost all civil war preconditions - current conflict between Eastern Ukraine and Western is not new, it moved from political field to military after several huge events, coup in Feb 22, Odessa massacre, 4-6 ministers seats filled with neo-Nazi/russophobes/racist far right activists, 7 attempts to ban Russian language by Rada, May 9/Victory Day National guards attack on Police in Mariupol with a lot of killed and injured protesters, etc. etc. Those events were sparks that created rebelion in the East, with center in Slavyansk. You can watch Vise news reports about early stages of that conflict, when new Ukrainian authorities were sending troops to Eastern part of Ukraine, and how they were met by crowds of locals. A lot of Ukrainian officers and soldiers changed their sides during initial stage of conflict. 

http://armamentresearch.com/Uploads/Research%20Report%20No.%203%20-%20Raising%20Red%20Flags.pdf

This is not so bad attempt to research question of Russia giving weapons to rebels (pro-Russian is wrong term, BTW). Apart from several mistakes in tank section, part about VSS, and launchers, it is pretty well done compared to other PR crap. 

Western medias view that rebelion is controlled by Russian SF or Putin is simply stupid. Amount of stupid actions and errors, mistakes and crucial miscalculation, done by rebels, is huge, and painfull. If you want to separate from country you should start ot create your own state, which rebels started to do only 3-4 months after initial protests in March-May of this year. Rebels are still not united - a lot of separated groups of different rebels are presented there, but without central controlling structure or leader. Kozitsyn's cossaks, Khodakovskiy Vostok battalion (first battles of which were total failures with huge losses in manpower), Motorola "Sparta" unit, Givi's team, Mosgovoy's units, "Odessa's" team, groups of national-bolsheviks, anti-Putin activists, Limonov's gang, Ossetians, Chechens, French volunteers, Serbian Chetniks, etc. etc. are now trying to form united Armed forces of Novorosiya, with second meating of those forces leaders in December of 10. Logistical support is pretty bad on rebels side, same for medical support. Level of combat training o rebels is not very high, appart from some people with military backgrounds. 

From the start of Civil war Ukrianinian authorities claimed (officialy) something like 40 Russian invasions with 2000-2500 vehicles in total used in them (all of which Ukriane destroyed), 1 nuclear strike at Donetsk airport according to Heletey's briefing (Minister of Defence), 3 FSB-made protests at Maidan (yeah, i am serious, ask their Minister of Internal affairs why he claimed this on TV), and other smaller events.

Results of "40 Russian invasions" and "1 nuclear strike" are:

- Rebels lost Slavyansk, Kramatorsk and villages around them;

- 3-4 months of battle for Donetsk airport without actually capturing it with one of rebel commander noting that they don't have tank crews good enough to fight in airport, which leave rebels without close fire support, which is main reason why they can't smash that VSU unit in Donetsk airport;

- Huge damage to infrastrucutre, houses, electric networks, sewerage systems;

- Huge damage to Eastern Ukraine economy;

- Several big industrial companies fled Ukriane completely;

- Several irreparable big mines flooded with water;

- Rebels, after summer battles, now use artillery and mortars as their primary weapon simply because of high number of thermal imagers and NV systems in Ukrianian forces units, rebels have problems with closing in to Ukriane units without being bombarded;

- General situation is stagnant - nor rebels nor VSU have upper hand;

Only 2 real victory of rebels were South Cauldron (wich was done by mortats and artillery) and Illovaysk. Ukrianian reports and documents about Ukrainian forces defeat at Illovaysk were assigned level of secrecy "for internal use only" with Heletey claiming that all those, who ask for them to be published are Putin agents, i think that he just try to concela huge level of incompetence of Ukr. forces high command. 

Economical situation for Donbas region is not good, there is serious problems with food (24 deaths from hunger documented in November in Donetsk alone). Ukrainian forces now receive better equipment.

Currently Rebels and Ukrainian military are trying to talk with each other on person-to-person basis with recent TV-Skype "bridges" between rebels commanders and their soldiers (Mozgovoy for example did such things several times) with Ukrainian soldiers and commanders. Rebels have different views on Eastern Ukraine future - and currently biggest idea between them is to be part of Ukriane but only as a autonomous Republic. 

I am really sick of all this, i understand when in T110 thread members are ruinning around and screaming about Russian Invasions of Ukriane and Putin being Bond movie vilian, about rebels having better equipment than Ukriane, about that there is no Neo-Nazis in Ukrainian forces, etc. etc. I expect that at least in this forum people are less affect by current PR group think. 

I simply don't see any actions that would show that something is really done in Ukriane by Russia. What i see is 2 forces, lead by incompetent people, clashing with each other without accomplishing anything serious, while leaving part of Ukraine in ruins.  

Ukrainian soldiers:

Vp0piAX.jpg

3JJucn0.jpg

That is KRAZ Spartan, BTW. 

FVnfLDe.jpg

At Illovaysk battle:

nhpCPy8.png

LUxEKvY.jpg

AAXhgfN.png

Rebels SPETSNAZ GRU AND PUTIN GUARDS THAT ARE BETTER ARMED THAN UKRIANIAN FORCES! 

Zt72j6C.jpg

At Donetsk airport Firefighting station, currently in ruins.

1awM9An.jpg

n0kHDDR.jpg

PTRS AND PTRD RIFLES ARE NEWEST RUSSIAN HIGH TECH RIFLES OF WESTERNERS DOOM!

Not bad Youtube channel with Eng subs (form rebels side).

http://www.youtube.com/user/wintersodomy/videos

http://youtu.be/cFOFn8xTJyY

Actions of other countries during 1918-1922 Russian Civil War does not make it something else than Russian Civil War.

I was watching for situation in Ukraine and Eastern Ukraine pretty close using direct sources instead of media pre-made opinions that they spew around (thanks to understanding of Ukrainian and knowing Russian) and Ukraine had almost all civil war preconditions - current conflict between Eastern Ukraine and Western is not new, it moved from political field to military after several huge events, coup in Feb 22, Odessa massacre, 4-6 ministers seats filled with neo-Nazi/russophobes/racist far right activists, 7 attempts to ban Russian language by Rada, May 9/Victory Day National guards attack on Police in Mariupol with a lot of killed and injured protesters, etc. etc. Those events were sparks that created rebelion in the East, with center in Slavyansk. You can watch Vise news reports about early stages of that conflict, when new Ukrainian authorities were sending troops to Eastern part of Ukraine, and how they were met by crowds of locals. A lot of Ukrainian officers and soldiers changed their sides during initial stage of conflict. 

http://armamentresearch.com/Uploads/Research%20Report%20No.%203%20-%20Raising%20Red%20Flags.pdf

This is not so bad attempt to research question of Russia giving weapons to rebels (pro-Russian is wrong term, BTW). Apart from several mistakes in tank section, part about VSS, and launchers, it is pretty well done compared to other PR crap. 

Western medias view that rebelion is controlled by Russian SF or Putin is simply stupid. Amount of stupid actions and errors, mistakes and crucial miscalculation, done by rebels, is huge, and painfull. If you want to separate from country you should start ot create your own state, which rebels started to do only 3-4 months after initial protests in March-May of this year. Rebels are still not united - a lot of separated groups of different rebels are presented there, but without central controlling structure or leader. Kozitsyn's cossaks, Khodakovskiy Vostok battalion (first battles of which were total failures with huge losses in manpower), Motorola "Sparta" unit, Givi's team, Mosgovoy's units, "Odessa's" team, groups of national-bolsheviks, anti-Putin activists, Limonov's gang, Ossetians, Chechens, French volunteers, Serbian Chetniks, etc. etc. are now trying to form united Armed forces of Novorosiya, with second meating of those forces leaders in December of 10. Logistical support is pretty bad on rebels side, same for medical support. Level of combat training o rebels is not very high, appart from some people with military backgrounds. 

From the start of Civil war Ukrianinian authorities claimed (officialy) something like 40 Russian invasions with 2000-2500 vehicles in total used in them (all of which Ukriane destroyed), 1 nuclear strike at Donetsk airport according to Heletey's briefing (Minister of Defence), 3 FSB-made protests at Maidan (yeah, i am serious, ask their Minister of Internal affairs why he claimed this on TV), and other smaller events.

Results of "40 Russian invasions" and "1 nuclear strike" are:

- Rebels lost Slavyansk, Kramatorsk and villages around them;

- 3-4 months of battle for Donetsk airport without actually capturing it with one of rebel commander noting that they don't have tank crews good enough to fight in airport, which leave rebels without close fire support, which is main reason why they can't smash that VSU unit in Donetsk airport;

- Huge damage to infrastrucutre, houses, electric networks, sewerage systems;

- Huge damage to Eastern Ukraine economy;

- Several big industrial companies fled Ukriane completely;

- Several irreparable big mines flooded with water;

- Rebels, after summer battles, now use artillery and mortars as their primary weapon simply because of high number of thermal imagers and NV systems in Ukrianian forces units, rebels have problems with closing in to Ukriane units without being bombarded;

- General situation is stagnant - nor rebels nor VSU have upper hand;

Only 2 real victory of rebels were South Cauldron (wich was done by mortats and artillery) and Illovaysk. Ukrianian reports and documents about Ukrainian forces defeat at Illovaysk were assigned level of secrecy "for internal use only" with Heletey claiming that all those, who ask for them to be published are Putin agents, i think that he just try to concela huge level of incompetence of Ukr. forces high command. 

Economical situation for Donbas region is not good, there is serious problems with food (24 deaths from hunger documented in November in Donetsk alone). Ukrainian forces now receive better equipment.

Currently Rebels and Ukrainian military are trying to talk with each other on person-to-person basis with recent TV-Skype "bridges" between rebels commanders and their soldiers (Mozgovoy for example did such things several times) with Ukrainian soldiers and commanders. Rebels have different views on Eastern Ukraine future - and currently biggest idea between them is to be part of Ukriane but only as a autonomous Republic. 

I am really sick of all this, i understand when in T110 thread members are ruinning around and screaming about Russian Invasions of Ukriane and Putin being Bond movie vilian, about rebels having better equipment than Ukriane, about that there is no Neo-Nazis in Ukrainian forces, etc. etc. I expect that at least in this forum people are less affect by current PR group think. 

I simply don't see any actions that would show that something is really done in Ukriane by Russia. What i see is 2 forces, lead by incompetent people, clashing with each other without accomplishing anything serious, while leaving part of Ukraine in ruins.  

LoooSeR, it was not my intention to push any buttons (I actually had assumed you were from the Ukraine; a quick look at your profile could have corrected this error). Please accept my apologies.

Can you confirm that you are infact the love child of Anastas Mikoyan and Joesph Stalin?

Wasn't this obvious? Althoug, they had a problem with whose patronymic would be given to a child.

Would you agree that Armenians are better than Georgians?

I agree that Caucasians are better at singing and cooking of meat. Other activities are not for Truetm Caucasians. [but Armenians are better anyway, Georgians are too stubborn and they did not created System of a Down  :D ] 

You list activities of manly Caucasian men and do not include riding horses in the list? Pah!

Also 10 different tank designs seems like a lot, and I'm guessing you're not including small batch import configurations.

1) Horses? Lada Prioras!

beb02au-960.jpg

b160638s-960.jpg

2) Export tanks are included, but i didn't counted Oplot tanks (their numbers are too low). 

Recent new bunch of tanks, given by Chocolate prince to VSU and different battalions of valunteers, nazis, others.

zI1BFp2.jpg

T-64s and T-72s.

f8NzE2l.jpg

T-64BV and BM Bulat. 

VH1Vwt5.jpg

T-72AV

H4jNb6Q.jpg

T-72 UA1 for Ethiopia

fptayK2.jpg

Yeah, T-72 UA1 is T-72 with T-64 engine. 

T-64A and T-64B, T-64B1, T-64BV, BM "Bulat" T-64B1M, T-64BM1M, T-72B, T-72AV, T-72UA1, T-84 Oplot and BM Oplot-M - 12 tanks in use by Ukriane currently, although how much T-84 and BM Oplot are in "use" is unknown for me.

Uh excuse me those are obviously all T-90s and T-72B3s operated by elite GRU Spetsnaz trained personally by Putin, captured in glorious battle. it must be true, SBU told me so.

Interesting thing is that one captured T-72, was claimed to be T-72B3 because of Thales thermal imager. Problem with this claim is that Kharkov design burea also work with Thales and offer same thermal imagers.

http://morozovkmdb.com/rus/body/addburan.php

Cathrine is Thales produced thermal imager. AFAIK Ukraine have small number of T-72 with those things mounted on them for testing.