Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

In Which Britain Tells Europe to "Stuff It"; Also David Cameron Takes His Football and Goes Home

Donward

A pretty interesting analysis of recent events (even if I don't fully agree with it) based on the thesis that neoliberalism is essentially a project of two slightly-different (opposed) flavours of elite thought, each resting on a foundation of entities which aren't otherwise much invested in the project, slowly coming to grips with the fact that their support has woken up and realised it hates them.

http://crookedtimber.org/2016/06/26/tribalism-trumps-neoliberalism/

Holy crap. That was a good freaking speech.

Edit: I don't have a super strong position either way on this, but I'd say I lean stay.   The UK had a pretty sweetheart version of the standard EU deal, and will not get as strong of a deal for themselves if they end up rejoining down the road.  But I do think that the UK can swing it alone.

giphy.gif

Every time I see stupid fucking memes like this my principled dislike of the english diminishes just a little bit more.

A few more and I'll be begging them to blow up the channel tunnel and start shelling the french coast just to let the continent know that the shackles are off and its back to historical business as usual.

Every time I see stupid fucking memes like this my principled dislike of the english diminishes just a little bit more.

A few more and I'll be begging them to blow up the channel tunnel and start shelling the french coast just to let the continent know that the shackles are off and its back to historical business as usual.

...brb looking for more dank memes.