Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Well yeah. Once you get them to the holding cell.

I'm talking getting the POWs from the battlefield back.

"Sarge. What should we do with all these Eye-Tye prisoners we bagged?"

"We can't keep em here. Take Johnson with you and have the pill pushers take a look at that head wound of his. Oh and Milgard too. He seems a little shook up after what happened to Willis."

"But Sarge, we only have three rounds apiece after that last counter attack."

"I doubt any of those garlic eaters can count past three. If they can, just give then a poke with yer bayonet if they need reminding".

Ukrainian journalist K.Malazoniya published extracts from the orders on awarding some Ukrainian politicians with firearms. 11.43 mm "Colt"  of Avakov, Turchinov's "Mauser" K-96 and Glock 19  of Poltorak certainly pales before the gun of Arseniy Yatsenyuk  

0_6eac22_b8adfb61_XXL.jpg

"11.43 mm Tompson SMG"

:D

0_6eac25_b014cb25_orig.jpg

TM 9-1005-313-10 (Change 5 - May 8, 2009) indicates that only the single port regulator is authorized for the M240B, M240H, and M240L. Everything else is authorized the three port regulator.

I did some more digging for earlier changes to the November 2002 copy of TM 9-1005-313-10.  Change 1 (April 15, 2005) has the first notice that the single port regulator is the only one authorized for the M240B and M240H.  The original November 2002 edition makes no mention of a single port regulator.

I still believe in the bayonet as an essential piece of kit because "Mr. Pointy Stick wants you to move along now" is a universal language that everyone understands.

Further, bayonet charges are still useful in certain circumstances. Rarely, sure, but that's why we stick multitools on the ends of our rifles now, and not Rosalies.

Its one of those things that is still useful on and off the field. Every soilder needs a knife and it cost next to nothing to make it mountable to his automatic

Pretty much, yeah. I wouldn't refuse an extra useful thing that provides like no added weight.

So I shot full auto for the second time in my life over the weekend. This time it was a KP-31. I'm assuming it was because the gun was big as shit, but I felt like no recoil from it.

I have discovered that Metalform 9mm 1911 magazines are hilariously poorly designed. Stay away from them.

The new Mec-Gar I bought, on the other hand, works a little better than the Colt OEM mags that the gun came with, at least in manual function testing.

Really, how hard is it to design a single stack pistol magazine!?

Really, how hard is it to design a single stack pistol magazine!?

AR-7 magazines.

For a time,seemed there were ten shit mags to each serviceable one. I was buying them at shows and flea markets for a few dollars, and culling the swarms of shit ones via a 60 ton power driven press.

So to answer your question-

"Pretty fucking hard, apparently".

Here's all the background shiznit:

XtYiUwf.png

qwzH235.png

JMKziaQ.png

So, full transparency: I plugged in the relevants for my bullet into the calculator producing the first chart. Then I averaged the form factor numbers from Mach 2.5 to Mach 1.5, simulating a flight out to 500m measured by Doppler. Then I plugged in the same respective details for the Berger 130gr AR Hybrid, the shape of which this bullet was modified from, and averaged the same figures. Then I divided Berger's measured i7 FF figure for the 130gr AR Hybrid (0.919) by the average of the outputs from JBM, and used that as an adjustment for my bullet, which gave me a final estimated i7 FF figure of 0.860 for my bullet. This might be increased (made worse) by the gap on the ogive between the penetrator and the jacket, but when I asked Col. Dean about this, he said there was no flow separation there for M855A1, so I am in the absence of better understanding assuming zero drag reduction with that configuration.

bullet.jpg

This is claimed to have be from the battle of Gallipoli.  I thought it was an interesting picture.  

It is, but unfortunately a lot of folks have portrayed it as two bullets colliding in flight. In fact, you can see that the bullet on the right has rifling marks, while the one on the left does not, meaning it hasn't been fired. Therefore, while those two bullets did collide, one was stationary at the time.