Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

How to solopub in a KV-5:

CfMi6ZM.jpg

That was my first battle of the day with the KV-5, and it went perfectly. Here's what I like to do when solopubbing in it on relatively flat maps: Find the areas where mediums are likely to clash, such as the north area of Swamp, and go there. Communicate to your mediums to hold the line until you get there. In our, case, we had only a Jumbo and an SP IC against a Pershing, a Type 62, and an E-25, so they were happy to hold the line. Once I got up there, I quickly overwhelmed all three enemy tanks, as the KV-5 has great DPM and great frontal armor, and now a trolly R2-D2 that bounces more often than it used to. This means even medium enemies are unlikely to try to flank you, and even if they do you still have excellent side and rear armor, so it's still hard for them to combat you. The E-25 probably bounced every shot, and I penned and killed him easily. The Type 62 bugged out and was killed. The Pershing tried to stand his ground, almost certainly knowing he's one of the best tier 8 mediums, and died because a KV-5 will win that 1-on-1 fight, especially with help like I had.

Normally, as a heavy you want to support your heavies, but the KV-5 isn't very useful against the kind of armor they had in this game, and it's extremely powerful against mediums.