Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Aerospace Pictures and Art Thread

LostCosmonaut

My flanker variantology is weak.  How would you tell the difference between an SU-30M and an SU-37?  What even is the difference?

To be honest, I don't remember. I think the difference is very minor and mostly in interior. My friend says it's something after the SU-37 based on its camo, but I have no idea, sorry. (should be worth noting that no Russian service plane has a thrust vector iirc, so don't look for in service Flankers. Check out prototypes/demonstrators)

Does this count? :D

qzb5.jpg

Iraq.

M1A2 vs MiG-25. My friend (he's that guy with the camera) said that they were surprised to see it actually looking good after this. Obviously it was ruined, but it looked in OK condition for being run over by a 70 ton tank (I know the official weight of the M1A2 is much lower than that, but they carried more than average loadout there).

Does this count? :D

qzb5.jpg

Iraq.

M1A2 vs MiG-25. My friend (he's that guy with the camera) said that they were surprised to see it actually looking good after this. Obviously it was ruined, but it looked in OK condition for being run over by a 70 ton tank (I know the official weight of the M1A2 is much lower than that, but they carried more than average loadout there).

Holy shit, we got our first minority poster in SH

welcome my friend! 

Taking into account hit ratio of MANPADS against Krokodils in A-stan, they need 4 more guys with launchers to make sure that they have real chance to hit it :-P

Counterpoint, Toyota Hilux; Never penetrated missed a shot in combat!