Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

As far as i understand from discussions in Russian forums, Ru air/space forces needs to conduct more sorties, over 100 to increase speed of targets destruction to provide good situation for SAA push. Current numbers of aircrafts is not enough for this to happen on daily basis.

SAA also needs more SPGs and maybe a deployement of Russian [trained] artillery unit with SPGs like Msta-S and high-precision munition like Krasnopol, for close artillery support.

In a video with 4 Mi-24 you can see classical "carousel", when helicopters bombard area with almost non-stop fire. Looking at how helis are used i can say that Aghanistan experience is not lost, although defense syatems agaisnt MANPADS are old (helis are not even equipped with exhaust module to decrease IR signature). Ka-52s have new "soft-kill" active protection system/jammer, which should have been mounted to Mi-24s and 17s before operation, honestly.

I can't read it (it asks for my hard earned rubles, in dollars), but i assume this article is about recwntly arrested terrorists that planned bombing in Moscow. This is nothing new, actually, one of reqruiters of "moderates" was arrested 2 years ago near my home during special operation (FSB ROSN "Grad"). Moscow was bombed many times, Volgograd bombings were pretty recent (my unlce live in Volzhsk, which is located on oposite bank of Volga river, they used Volgograd railroad station several days before events).

Muslims in general, (at least amongst those, who i know) don't support either ISIS or any other similar noble moderate beheaders. So article title is a bit of stupid.

Jhobar (area near Damascus)

CRQUru6W8AAPvCH.jpg

CRQMAgqWUAAtzm1.jpg

Earlier today/yesterday

Kots is another KP jounralists that work with Steshin, IIRC.

Alexander Kots @sashakots 9 minutes ago
Artillery barrage so powerful that even the powder can be smelled in Damascus

Alexander Kots @sashakots 15 minutes ago
Aircraft in the sky over Damascus also present now, its roar is heard periodically

Alexander Kots @sashakots 16 minutes ago
Artillery strikes are the district Jhobar, from this district Russian embassy was shelled

Alexander Kots @sashakots 17 minutes ago
#Damascus from 7 morning thunder of artillery does not stop. SAA launched offensive on the outskirts, occupied by Islamists

CRQliIQW8AEfRnA.jpg

Hmmm, muzzle brake looks familiar...  :ph34r:

4 hours ago:

Dmitry Steshin kp_steshin 4 hours ago
Over two hours of bombing of the area with artillery and aircrafts, tanks and assault groups now are pushing forward, artillery works "on call".