Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General PC games master race thread. Everything about games. EVERYTHING.

LoooSeR

"EA is following an embargo that every US based company has to follow (Ignoring even Valve has done this at some point."

"People blame EA for it and point out Uplay and GOG aren't blocked (which aren't even US based) as an excuse that it's just them."

Fucking christ it pains me to defend EA over these dipshits who can't even read the goddamn story they're replying to.

So From soft finally did it.

They finally brought down the Banhammer.

Huge wave of bans in DS3. Anybody who's ever used the Cheatengine program ever. It leaves your game files slightly altered even if you're not using it at the time they check.

That means even content creators on YouTube were hit because they used it to dupe items and mess with cameras and hitboxes to make their videos.

I'm for it, honesty. It hit 99% of the people that use it for boring invincibility cheats. So fuck those people.

Sounds a little unfair, to be honest.

Maybe for the people making money off of the videos. But that's the risk you take. I'm for it, honestly. The percentage of people that hack just to ruin other people's experience is astronomically higher than those making Solly YouTube videos.

If anything, there should be a way to appeal the ban. But I don't foresee that occurring.

My biggest issue is that for as long as I've played dark souls games, when I come across a hacker I always report them on steam. For years I've done this and nothing ever happened.

So yeah, color me satisfied with this ban.