Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General PC games master race thread. Everything about games. EVERYTHING.

LoooSeR

This thread shall be our general thread about interactive entertainment - "games". News, gameplay, predictions, reviews, links to interesting games, videos are welcomed in this thread! 

I will begin with gameplay videos - TheBeef channel is pretty funny and have a little bit unusual content. Short videos that don't eat much of your time:

His recent cool Mechwarrior videoguide to how to make game more interesting that it is - 

This one is just gold  :D

:lol:

Here is something for those, who have too much free time now - Gyle. He almost always cast Supreme Commander FAF battles:

His shorter vids:

Another Youtuber i watch - Dslyk.. um Dysleksi.. uhh whatever. He is Arma2/3 player, he also runs ShackTac community, which is pretty cool. 

Those videos are different, his longer ones. Also shows level of AI in Arma. 

Dsclxsee, or how it is writen in Muricanlang, also have 1+ hour long vids, that you can find on his channel.  

DSLKSIA?

Anyway, have some #EAtm

Unless there's a huge-ass expansion planned for December or thereabouts to coincide with the movie, I am firmly of the opinion that Battlefront is a shameless cash-in, unworthy to bear the name of its glorious predecessors.

The game is extremely shallow compared to Battlefront 2.  There are no space battles.  There is no indication of a single-player campaign.  There are no character classes.  You can't even chose your spawn point!  There are three regular weapons, all the rest are power-ups or similar.  Even the vehicles are in the form of power-ups!  True, it's a beta, but there are no indications (for example, unselectable teases) of large amounts of additional content.  The video above lends additional weight to this conclusion.  If having a single blaster unlocked at the beginning of the game is premium content, there is not a lot of content to begin with.

Let's not forget that Battlefront 2 was rushed; the release was timed to coincide with the DVD release of Episode III, so there was a fair amount of cut content.  EA has had... how many years to get the current Battlefront title right?  This is just wretched.

PC gamers should boycott EA.

Unless there's a huge-ass expansion planned for December or thereabouts to coincide with the movie, I am firmly of the opinion that Battlefront is a shameless cash-in, unworthy to bear the name of its glorious predecessors.

The game is extremely shallow compared to Battlefront 2.  There are no space battles.  There is no indication of a single-player campaign.  There are no character classes.  You can't even chose your spawn point!  There are three regular weapons, all the rest are power-ups or similar.  Even the vehicles are in the form of power-ups!  True, it's a beta, but there are no indications (for example, unselectable teases) of large amounts of additional content.  The video above lends additional weight to this conclusion.  If having a single blaster unlocked at the beginning of the game is premium content, there is not a lot of content to begin with.

Let's not forget that Battlefront 2 was rushed; the release was timed to coincide with the DVD release of Episode III, so there was a fair amount of cut content.  EA has had... how many years to get the current Battlefront title right?  This is just wretched.

If EA did not want to put effort in to BF3 why not just port BF2 to a modern game engine and include modern multiplayer support, lord knows they still would've made a shit ton of money but without any of the negative press.

DSLKSIA?

Anyway, have some #EAtm

Okay, this is coming from someone who has logged more hours in Battlefront 2 multiplayer than any one on this forum

Why are people so assblasted?

Yes, yes, yes, season passes arent good, DLC isnt good, yadadadadada

and while i agree the other battlefront games had much more content at launch, 50 dollar season passes arent that are new

They are a way to cheaply put down all the money for DLC at once, this isnt 50 dollars for 1 DLC, its 50 dollars for 4 DLCs.

I dont like it, but its not something to get upset about

aslong as games like this have DLC, they will have season passes. Hell both previous Battlefileds had them, and i bought both

I enjoyed the base game, felt the DLC was worth a purchase, and the season pass allowed me to save some money, while getting access to additional features

if you dont like any of the DLC fine, dont buy it

But really, there are alot of things wrong with Battlefront 3, i would be more prompted to make angry vidoes about the lack of a campaign or general clone wars era content

but this?

This is just a way to get DLC cheaply, and its between me and EA if i want to save some money on the DLC i will end up buying if i enjoy the game (which judging from Beta, i did) 

your not wrong at all, and Battlefront 2 still had many more maps and content at luanch

But dispite all of this, i still enjoyed the beta and plan on buying the game

Its a great experience to get drunk on TS and curvstomp rebelfags 

If EA did not want to put effort in to BF3 why not just port BF2 to a modern game engine and include modern multiplayer support, lord knows they still would've made a shit ton of money but without any of the negative press.

same reason they arent bothering with clone wars era content this time around

Nostalgia

Episode 7 is all about nostalgia, which is why they borrow ryhme so many things from previous films

You have to put your self in marketings shoes

which will sell more

a HD remake of a game alot of people have already played, and that only nerds like Tied would buy again

OR

a game with shitloads of imagery from orignal films, to appeal to everyone who has seen 30 minutes of episode 5 when they were a kid and think they are Star Wars fans

You get to watch your nostaligic movie and then go home and play your nostagic game

Okay, this is coming from someone who has logged more hours in Battlefront 2 multiplayer than any one on this forum

Why are people so assblasted?

Yes, yes, yes, season passes arent good, DLC isnt good, yadadadadada

and while i agree the other battlefront games had much more content at launch, 50 dollar season passes arent that are new

They are a way to cheaply put down all the money for DLC at once, this isnt 50 dollars for 1 DLC, its 50 dollars for 4 DLCs.

I dont like it, but its not something to get upset about

aslong as games like this have DLC, they will have season passes. Hell both previous Battlefileds had them, and i bought both

I enjoyed the base game, felt the DLC was worth a purchase, and the season pass allowed me to save some money, while getting access to additional features

if you dont like any of the DLC fine, dont buy it

But really, there are alot of things wrong with Battlefront 3, i would be more prompted to make angry vidoes about the lack of a campaign or general clone wars era content

but this?

This is just a way to get DLC cheaply, and its between me and EA if i want to save some money on the DLC i will end up buying if i enjoy the game (which judging from Beta, i did) 

*satisfied CDProjektRed customer feeling awwwwfully smug about this*

I am playing Far Cry lately (game version of a "B" action movie) and still surprised how AI had interesting ideas behind it. I really like games with sophisticated AI, this is a sort of my soft spot in gaming (FEAR from older games is also in this list of shooters with interesting AI enemies). 

In Far Cry mercs have commanders, that act as a unit commander. Mercs with and without those commanders act very differently, with unit leader presented on field, they flank, suppress, advance with the whole flanks (3-4 mercenaries moving together, pushing or flanking you). Leader and squads act differently when number of people in unit is different.

Far Cry AI have weakspots in form of enemies handling situations when they know that player is around, but they don't have LOS.

I am looking at this AI and this is just incredible how, for example, Arma 3 AI is worse than 10 year old game had. In fact, there is not many interesting enemies in shooters, you just click them to death without any involvement of your brain. I hope Rainbow six will have hard AI (not only because of HPs or damage that they can deliver).

gFXjKbo.jpg

Go to hell, modern main stream gaming.

Go to hell, modern main stream gaming.

Well to be fair there is a bit of survivorship bias.

Nobody likes to remember terrible games.

As much as I liked C&C Renegade (2002) for it's multiplayer and consider it more interesting than the contemporary Battlefield 1942, the singleplayer campaign was mediocre and the AI was barely capable of doing anything other than running towards the player.