Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General news thread

Bronezhilet

I'm sure Loooser will human wave us with the details but it looks like a Russian military plane carrying the Red Army Orchestra crashed into the Black Sea on its way to a performance in Syria.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38430164

Details are sparse. But in that part of the globe, I'm always willing to believe the worst.

I'm sure Loooser will human wave us with the details but it looks like a Russian military plane carrying the Red Army Orchestra crashed into the Black Sea on its way to a performance in Syria.

Details are sparse. But in that part of the globe, I'm always willing to believe the worst.

92 people on the board are likely to be all dead. 68 out of 92 were Aleksandrovsky Choir singers, no Orchestra musicians were in the plane. Head of the Choir - Valeriy Khalilov was also in the plane. Also on board the plane was the director of the Department of Culture (Ministry of Defence) Anton Gubankov and his assistant Oksana Batrutdinova. 

Journalists of three Russian TV companies: NTV (Michael Luzhetsky, Evgeny Tolstov, Oleg Pestov), "Zvezda" (Pavel Obukhov, Alexander Suranov and Valery Rzhevskiy) and "First Channel" (Vadim Denisov, Alexander Soidov and Dmitry Runkov) were in the plane as well.

A very sad day.

Please god, stop making 2016 suck..

All the fuckbag politicians, useless shitbird celebrities, and you decide to call back the RAO.

Now I know why people turn atheist.

Hope you like the music, better have them cued up when I get there, cause I'm coming up pissed the fuck off.

Normally I don't feel much sorrow from these events, but it is terribly sad that the Alexandrov Ensemble suffered such horrible casualties. They have such a proud tradition and have produced so much brilliant music, it is tragic that they've been so brutally winnowed. I can't imagine the difficulty they'll have in dealing with the grief of this and rebuilding seems almost impossible. According to Russia Today they lost the entirety of their choir except for three soloists... 

The video documented the fierce fight between China’s People's Armed Police Force’s Xinjiang batch and a group of 20 terrorists in northwest China’s Xinjiang. The People's Armed Police soldiers fought over 50 days consecutively on plateau with 4000-meter altitude. All terrorists were killed.

Flowers brought to Russian embassy in Latvia in memory of #Tu154 crash victims.

C0jX57UUUAAp7rr.jpg

Russian embassy in Kiev, Ukraine with flowers for #Tu154 victims.

C0jYYlHUoAAt0CO.jpg

C0jYYm9UsAAqYnv.jpg

Russian embassy in London with flowers in memory of #Tu154 victims.

C0jZFUrUsAEPUy0.jpg

C0jZGyiUUAAmDT7.jpg\

C0jZG3PUsAAxwrr.jpg

Chechen leader Kadyrov already named a children's hospital after Dr. Elizaveta Glinka who perished on #Tu154. 

C0lMAAXUkAAvYG3.jpg

Standardization and Quality Control in the Islamic State's Military Production; www.conflictarm.com/download-file/?report_id=2454&file_id=2457

Although production
facilities employ a range of non-standard materials
and chemical explosive precursors, the degree
of organisation, quality control, and inventory
management, indicates a complex, centrally
controlled industrial production system.

Irqa leadership finally understood that attempts to take Mosul with just 9th armored and Golden division is stupid idea as ISIS would match them in numbers, so they allowed to other forces around Mosul to participate in operation, and results start to appear.

t58Vl.jpg

ISIS forces mostly crossed to Western part of Mosul, destroying 3 bridges to slow Iraqi forces.