Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

I love his logic with hunters "DURR IF STOPPING POWER ISN'T REEL? Y DO HUNTERS USE BIGGER BULLITS FOR LARGE GAYME?"

Well, you see, as much as a 200 lb human is similar in size, muscle and bone strength/thickness, things such as pain tolerance and endurance to, say, some minor large game animal like a 5,000 lb White Rhinoceros.....

.....Oh, that isn't the case at all?

Alex and I are trying, trust me. I've got three guns and three other items in for review right now, and I bet Alex is about the same.

I have one.

I like the new stuff to go to James so that I can focus on older guns that people seem to like seeing.

James is very good at reviewing new guns that I personally would find quite dull. On the other hand, throw a Steyr 95 in his hands and he would probably not be too enthusiastic.

Yeah, I have to say that I don't get the same satisfaction from most guns made after the late '70s as I do older ones, and handguns just don't really catch my eye (been thinking of getting one of those Bulgarian Makarovs, though). They're fun to goof around with, but I canceled my search for an AR after I got more range time with a few, and just felt like I'd rather save that money for things that interest me much more. As for ammo prices, I get more of a kick firing 20 rounds out of my Mosin/Mauser/Enfield than what people would consider "dumping" rifles. Saying all that, I wouldn't mind finding an affordable bullpup for my hiking trips, which is why I kept a lazy eye on those Kel-Tec M43s they were showing off a while ago.

Yeah, I have to say that I don't get the same satisfaction from most guns made after the late '70s as I do older ones, and handguns just don't really catch my eye (been thinking of getting one of those Bulgarian Makarovs, though). They're fun to goof around with, but I canceled my search for an AR after I got more range time with a few, and just felt like I'd rather save that money for things that interest me much more. As for ammo prices, I get more of a kick firing 20 rounds out of my Mosin/Mauser/Enfield than what people would consider "dumping" rifles. Saying all that, I wouldn't mind finding an affordable bullpup for my hiking trips, which is why I kept a lazy eye on those Kel-Tec M43s they were showing off a while ago.

Kel Tec.

NOT. EVEN. ONCE.

I know, I know, but their new RDB or whatever they're calling it is getting some positive press for once. So, I'm at least interested as long as their finger-to-customer ratio is satisfactory for the next few fiscal quarters.

The RDB's going to be in the $1800 range, based on past Kel-Tec releases. MSRP is supposed to be a little over $1500, but with Kel-Tec's supply problems it's all but guaranteed to be higher.

Get an AUG instead.

Finally. Proof that by 1944, Nazi scientists had invented artillery shells with cordless Dremels packed inside.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/28/hell-in-my-hands-battle-of-bastogne-pistol/#disqus_thread

Much superior to the earlier models with the Dremels that you had to plug in before firing.