Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

caBNi.jpg

Somebody actually use those ballistic masks?

Nobody cared who they were before they put on the mask

Crashing this donbass, with no suriviors.

Lotta loyatly for a hired Nazi

Tell me about the Azov, why does he where the mask

If i annexed crmiea would you die?

"It would be extremely painful"

Your a big country

"For you"

Eh. I read it as if you were totally serious too. You needed a couple zany, off the wall remarks or something to tip your hand that it was intended as a parody.

You should follow up now with something off-the-wall of what you would call assault rifles Patriot rifles.

Eh. I read it as if you were totally serious too. You needed a couple zany, off the wall remarks or something to tip your hand that it was intended as a parody.

You should follow up now with something off-the-wall of what you would call assault rifles Patriot rifles.

It was a success in the sense that nobody appears to hate me for writing it, but not in the sense that I think a lot of people didn't get that it was supposed to be humor.

I had hoped the paragraph about Hitler would tip people off, but I guess not.

It was a success in the sense that nobody appears to hate me for writing it, but not in the sense that I think a lot of people didn't get that it was supposed to be humor.

I had hoped the paragraph about Hitler would tip people off, but I guess not.

I think you calling Hitler a dork is what you would normally do. Honestly, who would want to use terminology invented by him?

God damn your eyes Nathaniel!

Because of you, now I have a personal wager of whether the number of comments complaining about the term assault rifle being used by Liberals to take away our Freedumbs outnumbers folksy anecdotes about what somebody called them when they were in the military.

As I stated in the comments, I suspect the issue is a misdimensioned trigger bar.  Beside the already identified interference with the cartridges feeding from the magazine, I suspect that the vertical arm isn't reliably depressing the firing pin safety plunger in order to clear the striker in time.  A quick detail strip of the slide would show that the safety plunger and the striker have dings and chips where they are colliding.

It looks like our reader dnepr0mike came through for us on a translation of a very detailed Russian article covering the history of the 5.45x39mm caliber. We've all but finished making arrangements with the magazine that originally ran the article, and once they give us the green light, we can publish Part 1. Whether we publish Part 2 will depend on how strong the response to Part 1 is, because Steve's unsure we can afford a translator.

"We just dinged them!"

I see that Cobalt Kinetics is digging into some old ideas.  Interesting mechanism.

As you can see at 1:00 in this video, the EM-2 (at least later versions of it) had a mechanism whereby a lever in the top of the magazine would release the bolt hold open when a loaded magazine was inserted.

4672115500_b7722d9f76_b.jpg

The bulge at the top rear of the magazine houses a lever that activates the bolt release, unless the follower is at the top of the magazine (i.e. the magazine is empty).

Cobalt seems to use standard mags, so I'm not sure how theirs works.