Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

The one real worry that a lot of people that I know seem to have is the cancellation of the ACA and loosing insurance.

Also, good luck getting that wall built.

Cancellation of ACA would be a godsend. Yes, some people would lose coverage, but the overall situation would be better (the economy would dramatically improve in the lowest sectors, for one).

Now, Trump has said he doesn't want to cancel ACA if he doesn't have to. He wants to reform it. That's the better choice, I think.

Cancellation of ACA would be a godsend. Yes, some people would lose coverage, but the overall situation would be better (the economy would dramatically improve in the lowest sectors, for one).

Now, Trump has said he doesn't want to cancel ACA if he doesn't have to. He wants to reform it. That's the better choice, I think.

And for them, that is catastrophic, potentially even lethal. Aside from the poutrage, that is the real fear that I am seeing. 

And for them, that is catastrophic, potentially even lethal. Aside from the poutrage, that is the real fear that I am seeing. 

Erm, well for a lot of families they will actually save a shitload of money if ACA is repealed.

I know being Canadian you are worried that some people will be left out in the cold, but I don't think you fully grasp how absolute shit of a law the ACA is. Like, there probably are people who can afford coverage under it who wouldn't have been able to otherwise, but I don't know any of them. I don't think I know anyone who knows any of them. I don't think I've ever heard of them, except for in the administration's propaganda.

Meanwhile, I know loads of people (some on this board!) who got fucked by ACA directly, and anyone trying to work a minimum wage job got indirectly fucked by ACA, too. I am certain that a lot of the "job growth" Obama is citing is because of the ACA. Why? Because due to its requirements, employers simply stopped offering full time positions (seriously, they will cap their positions at 1 hour per week under "full time"). Essentially, the ACA "created" jobs Judgment of Solomon style by cutting them all in half.

ACA is a fucking trainwreck. Even the Clinton campaign said so. It needs reform, and if reform can't happen, it needs to die.

Now if only he actually had a policy for the space program...

Yeah, for all the shit I can shovel on Obama, his space policy has been rather good. He seems to have a reasonable understanding of the subject, too. If I were asked to immediately point to a positive part of his presidency, it would be that.