Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Aerospace Pictures and Art Thread

LostCosmonaut

6iai6Ei.jpg

This is the Yak-44, a proposed twin turboprop airborne early warning bird that would have served on the Kuznetsov-class and proposed Ulyanovsk-class carriers.  This is just a full-scale mockup, the actual aircraft was never built.  It would have been broadly comparable in role to the E-2 Hawkeye, but the Yak-44 would have been somewhat larger, considerably heavier, and would have been equipped with much more powerful engines.

7th July 2004: Austria recieves its first batch of 4 F-5E Tiger (leased from Switzerland) 

3vOUfu5.jpg

1st july 2005: All 12 F-5E have been recieved and are guarding Austrian Airspace due to the decommissioning the aging fleet of SAAB S35Ö 

tL8QuUO.jpg

30th June 2008: The first Eurofighters are integrated in the Austrian AD Network and the leased F-5Es will be handed back to the Swiss

LVMWZL0.jpg

My Canadian buddy told me that thing super cruised at Mach 2, and due to a special, super secret G-suit, made of newfie sheep bladders, could pull 12Gs! He also told me the United States Air Force had it canceled because it was embarrassing them by outperforming all their planes!