Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Hippie Hate Thread

I was sure we already had one of these. Oh well:

In 1968, in San Francisco, I came across a curious footnote to the hippie movement. At the Haight-Ashbury Free Clinic there were doctors who were treating diseases that no living doctor ever encountered before, diseases that had disappeared so long ago that they had never even picked up Latin names, diseases like the mange, the grunge, the itch, the twitch, the thrush, the scroff, the rot. And how was it that they had returned?

The hippies sought nothing less than to sweep away all codes and restraints of the past, and to start from zero. Monk the coach and restraints the people in the commune swept aside – quite purposely – were those that said you shouldn’t suse other people’s toothbrushes or sleep on other people mattresses… or that you and five other people shouldn’t drink from the same bottle….

And now, in 1968, they were relearning… the laws of hygiene… by getting the mange, the grunge, the itch, the twitch, the thrush, the scroff, the rot.

I was sure we already had one of these. Oh well:

In 1968, in San Francisco, I came across a curious footnote to the hippie movement. At the Haight-Ashbury Free Clinic there were doctors who were treating diseases that no living doctor ever encountered before, diseases that had disappeared so long ago that they had never even picked up Latin names, diseases like the mange, the grunge, the itch, the twitch, the thrush, the scroff, the rot. And how was it that they had returned?

The hippies sought nothing less than to sweep away all codes and restraints of the past, and to start from zero. Monk the coach and restraints the people in the commune swept aside – quite purposely – were those that said you shouldn’t suse other people’s toothbrushes or sleep on other people mattresses… or that you and five other people shouldn’t drink from the same bottle….

And now, in 1968, they were relearning… the laws of hygiene… by getting the mange, the grunge, the itch, the twitch, the thrush, the scroff, the rot.

Yeah, FUCK hippies, they are dirty, smelly, awful people. 

Is there like a cannabis lobby or something? There are several examples from my own life of people who became utterly useless trash after they started smoking pot heavily.

I don't claim to know anything about THC's effect on the brain, but it's difficult to ignore the correlation between deadbeats and stoners.

Honestly, most of the stoners I know who just rot away were "deadbeats" even before they started using it heavily.

On the other hand, perhaps the hardest working person I've ever seen in my life was ironically a meth head who I gave the name Tweak (Later Tweak the first after meeting the Chinese Tweak I told you about) at my first job at a shitty fast food place, everyone knew that motherfucker was hot railing, but no one seemed to care, not even the managers because he did the work of like 4 employees and was fast and efficient as fuck and was always there like an hour early.

Oh, Rust belt, never change.

I know highly functional (hehehehe) pot smokers who are creative, can hold down jobs and make more money than I ever will. Just like there are highly functional alcoholics that can do the same. And I've known people whose lives have gone to hell and pot was the gateway drug to a whole string of destructive life choices.

One of my main gripes with pro-pot people is that they insist that marijuana use has zero consequences and is completely harmless for everyone when in reality each person reacts to MJ differently and that its use should entail a boatload of responsibility.

Also I'm fucking sick of assholes smoking stinky pot in public and having the reek stick to my clothes...

Is there like a cannabis lobby or something? There are several examples from my own life of people who became utterly useless trash after they started smoking pot heavily.

I don't claim to know anything about THC's effect on the brain, but it's difficult to ignore the correlation between deadbeats and stoners.

Any drug that triggers the release of chemicals to receptors on nerve cells will degrade it and there are no exceptions. Now, the big problem with potheads is that they pretend that it's some magical thing which provides the same as other drugs without any downsides such as degradation of nerve cells and that it's not addictive, both of which are false.

These potheads are like wehraboos when it comes to defending marijuana.

I smoke weed or hash on a pretty much daily basis. Usually after work, with a beer to go with.

That being said, stoners piss me off.  Smoke AFTER work, not while you are at work and practice discretion. I view pot very much in the same vein as alcohol. There is a time and a place, and while you are at work is NOT that time or place.

Honestly, most of the stoners I know who just rot away were "deadbeats" even before they started using it heavily.

On the other hand, perhaps the hardest working person I've ever seen in my life was ironically a meth head who I gave the name Tweak (Later Tweak the first after meeting the Chinese Tweak I told you about) at my first job at a shitty fast food place, everyone knew that motherfucker was hot railing, but no one seemed to care, not even the managers because he did the work of like 4 employees and was fast and efficient as fuck and was always there like an hour early.

Oh, Rust belt, never change.

I worked at a place that (kind of) turned a blind eye towards tweakers.  I saw why they did, as you got someone who was a robot. Too bad their work was shit, and I was the guy who had to go and make it right.

Eventually I began carrying a Walther PP (against company policy) as I'd witnessed a couple meth fueled rampages and figured a couple well placed .32ACP's would settle things, or at least give me time to grab the grand-master wrecking bar and commence attitude adjustment..

The company found out, called me on the carpet where I said "As long as you tolerate meth use, you'd best damn tolerate my carrying, lest you want to talk to my attorney (A quasi bluff, as I had a friend who was a Maricopa County PD, and I had his very lavishly embossed business card with the hand written instructions "Call me if you need to sue somebody" on the back.).. Eventually they had a mass golden flow event, and canned the ones who hot-pissed, in exchange for my leaving the Walther at home.

Quality of work went up, My job was easier, and I did not have to shoot some tweaker and/or call my friend. Everything worked out.

PS, fuck methheads with a woodchipper.  Preferably a turboshaft driven one.

One of my friends had a methhead at a pizza place where he worked. The guy ended up getting fired after a few weeks on that stuff because he kept on stealing all the money from the register for his habit.

At the old place where I worked on a demolition job, a couple of guys got fired for smoking weed on the job after they happened to offer a joint to the safety inspector who was checking up their workplace.

That beats me.

Beretta 92F at the landfill I was security guarding for part-time and threw down on a Tweeker I stumbled across who was hiding in the bushes waiting to steal metal. He pissed himself and started begging. Crazy thing is I had the Beretta holstered in an old army leather flap holster (yes I'm a Fudd) which I had massaged out finally so it could reliably fit the pistol. It's funny how fast a guy can undo the flap and draw when something lunges out of the bushes at night.

Well, I was the senior manager of a chain of paintball fields in the Phoenix area. We hired and fired loads of "kids".. Some good some bad.

Anyhow, one of the better kids came up to me as I was counting the drawer, and said "Some crazy guy out on the field just told me he'd suck my cock for a dollar".

This of course drew some laughter. Which ceased when I unlocked my desk and pulled out the Mk VI. The place had been robbed before, and the almighty fuck be upon the asshole who tried when I was on shift. 

Anyhow-

Went on the field (indoor in an old warehouse) and found this scrungy Aqualung looking old fucker who immediately said "I CAN BE HERE! I KNOW THE OWNER!". I thumbed back the hammer and said "Get the fuck out, and never come back".  The rodent immediately found a loose panel and exited the AO most ricky-tick.. I grabbed one of the other managers, and we secured the loose bit of tin, and what others we found by the light of my Olds.

Next day, the owner (Someone I got along with really well, and was basically a very conservative Tony Bourdain clone, literally) came in and said "So I hear you pulled a 44 mag on a bum. Was that needed?" To which I said " Your info is wrong. It was a Mark Six Webley, in .455", modified for .45 ACP, and loaded with 274 grain swaged wadcutters. And yes, when the bums start coming on the field and trying to suck the cocks of my charges, it is necessary."

His reply was- "Okay! Long as you have the place ready by the next day of business, you do what you have to".

Ron was a good guy.

I did end up having a couple more "incidents" all of which ended up in a similar manner.  One of which had a MCSO deputy asking "Why didn't you shoot the fucker"...

• 2 weeks later...

This about sums it up with how SJW's have taken everything too far.

John Lennon footage showing singer apparently ridiculing disabled people branded 'painful to watch' by leading disability organisation

Footage from the Channel 4 television show It Was Alright in the 60s showed the singer making exaggerated movements with his mouth, hands and feet as he asked the crowd to clap their hands during a live Beatles performance more than 50 years ago.

Warning: This video contains the sound of screaming, hysterical Beatles fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0ppsJP0blk

The video of Lennon elicited a strong response on social media and was criticised by the disability charity Mencap. Lorainne Bellamy, a Mencap spokeswoman who has a learning disability, acknowledged the footage was five decades old but said it was “shocking and painful to watch”.

“Times may have changed but I always find it hard to believe how such famous people can have these horrible views about real people,” said Ms Bellamy.

When asked to comment, Donward said that these #HashtagOutrage groups criticizing John Lennon would be like Christians bad-mouthing Jesus Christ...