Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Serbian M20 MRAP

q-BGd-QQLjejs.jpg

The development of the M-20 Zastava armored car was carried out jointly by Zastava Tervo, the FAP plant and the Belgrade Military Technical Institute, and it was first presented in June 2020.

As indicated above, the Zastava M-20 is an MRAP (Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected) armored combat vehicle with a 6x6 wheel arrangement, built on the chassis platform of the new Serbian 8-ton military truck FAP 2228 LA.

Despite the fact that the initial task of an armored vehicle is to transport personnel, thanks to the modular design, the vehicle can be adapted for various tasks, such as transporting heavy loads, weapons, ammunition, into an ambulance version, etc., and the vehicle itself can have Various weapons were installed, including one DBM.

1-YEKp8-C1e-NA.jpg

The Zastava M-20 armored vehicle received level 4 ballistic protection STANAG 4569 (providing protection against armor-piercing incendiary ammunition of 14.5 mm caliber) and mine protection level 2a/2b STANAG 4569 (providing protection against explosive devices with an explosive mass of 6 kg) . Here we need to add a small remark regarding mine protection, the admin rummaged through various sources and depending on the source, the armor level was indicated starting from 2a/2b, ending with level 4a/4b, so for the article I took the data from the information card.

In addition to the basic level of protection, additional modular armor can be installed on the vehicle.

The car is equipped with an ISL 8.9 diesel engine with a power of 340 hp. from the American company Cummins, paired with an automatic transmission 3000SP from the American company Allison and a distributor drive ZF STEYR 1600/396.

It can reach a maximum speed of up to 100 km/h and overcome inclines of up to 60°, with a maximum side slope of up to 35°.

In addition to 3 crew members, the AFV can transport troops of up to 12 people.

At the exhibition, Zastava M20 was presented in two variations. The first, for transporting 4 82-mm mortars, their crews and ammunition for them. The second, a “guntruck” with an AGS, machine guns and an ATGM “Fagot”.

Spoiler

w-Nqjr-SPG0-Qw.jpg

hd-m-RMm-IVo-Q.jpg 

e1-MYEE85v-Y8.jpg

h-De-Yyb-J9o1-M.jpg

PTbs-GAr-A40k.jpg

• 4 months later...