Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

19 minutes ago, Toxn said:

Luckily Oz and the US right would be there to pick up the slack.

Do you think my exile would be better spent fighting kangaroos mano-a-mano with most of my extended family, or building my new house entirely out of guns? Because, while I'm a big fan of family, the latter option sounds way cooler.

I thought kangaroo boxing went out of fashion around the same time that wearing pith helmets while gunning down wogs with Maxims?

As for America, we usually settle our refugees in economically destitute zip codes with high crime, with the expectations that they’ll run a 7-11, nail studio, or dry cleaning business with the aid of federal loans, thus further aggravating the local population (usually African American) already living there. 

I’m sure any refugee Afrikaners will fit right in.

Conversely we can always just send thoughts-and-prayers or hold a telethon to raise awareness?

A SH telethon hosted by Colli. All donations go to buying tickets to our not-lucky members (aka non Americans) so they can come shoot guns and carry knives and practice freedom of speech for a lovely vacation. 

Any money left over will be pooled in an attempt to buy sturgeon a sense of humor or purchase a new Deer Doll 3000 for me (my last one broke :( ).

14 minutes ago, Donward said:

I thought kangaroo boxing went out of fashion around the same time that wearing pith helmets while gunning down wogs with Maxims?

As for America, we usually settle our refugees in economically destitute zip codes with high crime, with the expectations that they’ll run a 7-11, nail studio, or dry cleaning business with the aid of federal loans, thus further aggravating the local population (usually African American) already living there. 

I’m sure any refugee Afrikaners will fit right in.

Conversely we can always just send thoughts-and-prayers or hold a telethon to raise awareness?

I dunno, Don, a few million thoughts and prayers is some seriously powerful karmic energy to throw around willy-nilly. Why, that much spiritual force might result in hundreds of spontaneous faith healings!

Funnily enough, I've heard that actual boere seuntjies do really well farming in the midwest. The ones I've chatted to talked in hushed tones about it being 'soos die Vrystaat, maar moerse groot'. The felt quite at home, all in all.

30 minutes ago, Collimatrix said:

oDWrkSL.png

One of these days Trump is going to get these people to reverse themselves so quickly that they get some sort of spinal injury.

Nothing too inaccurate or contradictory about the headlines ("activists say"), but I cannot comment on the content.

You think impeaching the President won't crash the economy?  Yeah, sounds credible.  You know, impeaching the Donald, destroyed economy and all,  you will end up with a President who probably really will go after Roe V Wade, but Democrats seem incapable of looking more than 5 minutes into the future or caring about the impact of their schemes. 

I'm just amused that the American Left is falling into the trap that somehow impreaching the President is going to magic away Donald Trump. They're just assuming that the Democrats will win enough House seats in November. And then they're just assuming that there'll be enough Democrat incumbents to then vote for the articles and that they'll throw away any chance they have at re-election by putting the country through the turmoil - political and yes financial - of an impeachment proceeding throughout most of 2019 instead of focusing on advancing Progressive policies like single-payer health care, raising the minimum wage, and whatnot.

And then they assume that just because the President is impeached he'll have to resign because Trump has never fought stuff like that tooth-and-nail in the past. And then they assume that 2/3s of the US Senate will vote to convict when - looking at the polling - it seems that the Democrats will LOSE seats in November, and possibly a lot of seats.

And it's not like we've had two US Presidents impeached in the past, and with Bubba, he wound up more popular after being impeached.

And if Trump is removed, then you have President Pence. 

Perhaps instead of doing the political equivalent of shouting at the sky - there's no Russian collusion and paying off a couple Playboy bunnies isn't a High Crime or misdemeanor - perhaps the Democrats should be focusing on figuring out why America voted for Trump in the first place and running a candidate in 2020 that isn't thoroughly detestable like the one they fobbed off in 2016?

And meanwhile, we're living in an age where Silicon Valley tech giants are arbitrarily censoring anyone and everyone who has a different opinion. 

https://nypost.com/2018/08/23/facebook-censored-my-column-and-i-still-cant-find-out-why/

The NY Post is a hilariously bad tabloid whose highest and best use is posting pictures of celebrities and criminals behaving badly. But it's STILL a mainstream US publication. And now one of their columnists is being censored on Facebook for writing this which CLEARLY violates FB's community guidelines...

https://nypost.com/2018/08/22/why-trumps-supporters-wont-care-about-cohen-and-manaforts-convictions/

5 hours ago, Donward said:

And meanwhile, we're living in an age where Silicon Valley tech giants are arbitrarily censoring anyone and everyone who has a different opinion. 

https://nypost.com/2018/08/23/facebook-censored-my-column-and-i-still-cant-find-out-why/

The NY Post is a hilariously bad tabloid whose highest and best use is posting pictures of celebrities and criminals behaving badly. But it's STILL a mainstream US publication. And now one of their columnists is being censored on Facebook for writing this which CLEARLY violates FB's community guidelines...

https://nypost.com/2018/08/22/why-trumps-supporters-wont-care-about-cohen-and-manaforts-convictions/

Hmmmmmmm

1uVxaFO.png

8q8xgfl.png

GGgAPKh.png

tenor.gif?itemid=9718895

Source.

Sen. Rand Paul: Maybe we should try diplomacy and work out our differences with Russia.

Neo-cons at Weekly Standard: RAND PAUL IS A RUSSIAN STOOGE!!!!  REEEEEEEEEE!!!

https://www.weeklystandard.com/stephen-f-hayes/rand-paul-russian-stooge

And in the column, the “we’re-the-only-true-voice-of-conservatives” editor of Weakly Standard is upset that Rand Paul is dismissive of the Russians hacking Hillary Clinton’s e-mails and how we shouldn’t go to nuclear war over it. 

Yeah. So we should start a Cold War... over Hillary’s e-mail server being compromised... and this from a “conservative” publication.

The DNC has approved rule changes which will strip so-called “super delegates” of their votes in the 2020 Democrat Presidential primaries, which represented about 15 percent of the total vote.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/25/superdelegates-democrats-presidential-nominee-796151

*Insert any Bernie Sanders gif here*

Quick takeaway is that this will certainly make the nomination practice more “fair” by giving the Democrat base and average supporters more power. 

On the other hand, the average Democrat voter has shown themselves to be nucking futs and the prospect of the Dems nominating a moderate Presidential nominee willing to attract working class, lower and middle class voters (or one who can pretend) is now even less likely to occur.

1 hour ago, Donward said:

The DNC has approved rule changes which will strip so-called “super delegates” of their votes in the 2020 Democrat Presidential primaries, which represented about 15 percent of the total vote.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/25/superdelegates-democrats-presidential-nominee-796151

*Insert any Bernie Sanders gif here*

This does not help pave the way for Hillary 2020?  :(

Lanny Davis, Michael Cohen's lawyer, set up a gofundme that has raised over $150,000.  The crowdfunding effort is to help Michael Cohen tell the truth about Trump and his Russian connections.

Having made the money, Lanny Davis is now backing away from the claim that Michael Cohen knows anything.