Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

Tiger forces are taking positions right outside of Khan Sheikhun (north of it). This map also shows where Turkish convoy stuck, SAA is trying to cut them from town, it looks like. M5 highway is cut by Tiger forces.

Sjcaq.jpg

Photos of M5

Spoiler

ECWNSKxXUAAaBKB.jpg

ECWNSflX4AAGa8F.jpg

Other maps:

Spoiler

vxXdC.jpg

ECV4TzcWwAYZL3t.jpg:large

ECV6_pqX4AY-UyV.jpg:large

ECV7AVKX4AA3xPg.jpg:large

Just now. Rebels completely withdrew from Kafr Zita town. Also all non HTS units withdrew from Khan Sheikon city, #Idlib #Hama provinces, n.#Syria

FSA groups also starting to leave Lataminah HQ, the biggest base in north #Hama province. Airstrikes have stoped,  except on HTS units in Khan Sheikoun #Idlib

BREAKING:

Khan Shaikhoun liberated by Syrian Army

Can somebody explain to me what the Turks want to achieve by having couple of hundred soldiers surrounded at Morek? They had weeks to prevent that situation but for some reason they decided to wait for SAA to surround them. Why? I can imagine plenty of upcoming scenarios but I can't find one which brings any benefit to Turkey. 

56 minutes ago, Beer said:

Can somebody explain to me what the Turks want to achieve by having couple of hundred soldiers surrounded at Morek? They had weeks to prevent that situation but for some reason they decided to wait for SAA to surround them. Why? I can imagine plenty of upcoming scenarios but I can't find one which brings any benefit to Turkey. 

They probably thought that just being there will deter SAA. That is why convoy stopped just after few bombs were dropped nearby - they were not ready for that (politically most likely)..

Yes, it probably got to a point when evacuation convoy could get under fire which was riskier than to stay and wait for evacuation under Russian supervision. 

Anyway even if most likely no servicemen are about to be killed, they shot themselves in the foot pretty hard. They failed to protect the rebels and drove themselves into an embarassing defeat. 

1 hour ago, Beer said:

Yes, it probably got to a point when evacuation convoy could get under fire which was riskier than to stay and wait for evacuation under Russian supervision. 

Anyway even if most likely no servicemen are about to be killed, they shot themselves in the foot pretty hard. They failed to protect the rebels and drove themselves into an embarassing defeat. 

... which is good, kek. I was afraid that we (Russia) will act much less confident with terrorist under Turkish umbrella and for about a year it looked like this was the case.

7 hours ago, Beer said:

Turkey clearly aims to anex some of Syrian territory akin to what israel has done in Golan and SAA will never be in position to realy challenge them  once they settle . Best do it now before temporary becomes permanent. Syria will remain weak for forseable future. Best hope is that Kurds and Turks go at eachother  weaklening eachother and US parthners workign both sides

MP near Turkish base 

Meanwhile Israeli night raid in Damascus with reports of several dead, waiting for more information on that. On top of that in Iraqi Anbar province claims of another Israeli airstrike with 2-3 dead (saw claims of up to 6 killed), 15 km away from Syrian-Iraqi border and add here 2 Israeli drones that penetrated Lebanon airspace and one of them even crashed into Hezbollah press center building.

On August 25, 2019 at 02:30, two Israeli reconnaissance drones violated Lebanese airspace over the Moawad Madi area in the southern suburbs of Beirut, the first landed and the second exploding in the air, causing limited material damage.

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1566715610115.jpg?w=553&ssl=1

ECzyaPeWkAABVNc.jpg

FB_IMG_1566715601821.jpg?resize=576%2C1024&ssl=1

hlgoBOm.jpg

2 members of Resistance that were killed 

FB_IMG_1566726212076.jpg?w=683&ssl=1

- Hassan Yusuf Zabib from Nimairiya, Nabatiy district in Nabatiy. The son of the technical director and board member of Al-Manar Channel.
- Yasser Ahmad Dahir from Blida, Marge Ayun district in Nabatiyah.