Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

"The only military accepted automatic rifle which was used successfully during the Great War was the US BAR, constructed by John Moses Browning. However it was quite heavy."

>8{

I like the ergonomics of a traditional wood stock over the pistol grip and I think the M14 is a more attractive looking firearm.

hqdefault.jpg

I spent a lot of time today with both, and I gotta say the M1A makes the FAL look svelte. I cannot fully explain this, nor why the FAL is apparently lighter. I am going to re-weigh the M1A tomorrow, and then check the barrel contour to make sure it's USGI.

Yep. From any logical point of view, the FN is a better weapon other than - to me - an aesthetic one. And this poll of two people has it at a one-to-one tie. The M14's biggest selling point is that there are a crap ton of them out there and it fires a round that is kind of ok at target shooting out to 500 or 800 meters depending on the optic and how much gunsmithing has been put into it.

And that it's a Marine Corp Drill Instructor's stereotyped wet dream.

We knew that a modified version would be coming all along though.  That milled receiver was stated to be a stop-gap.

The article is a little odd though.  It claims, for instance, that there was no LRBHO in the original 805.  Pretty sure that's wrong.

And they're saying it still has an Al receiver, just slimmed down.  Go figure.

This has got to be one of the weakest offerings CZ has put out in some time.  It really fails to stand out the way most of their other well-known products did.

They were able to trim off 0.63kg just by milling off more aluminum. That tells you how retardedly thick the original receiver was.

Also, both versions have an 11" barrel. That's really short, even for a 2.76kg rifle. It does, however, still make the 806 one of the lighter market offerings.

Also, good god that stock is ugly.

"Moscow. 20th September. INTERFAX.RU - Law enforcement officials conduct special operations to find and arrest the killers of five hunters whose bodies were found in the Suleiman-Stalsky district of Dagestan.

"According to preliminary information, the age of 1983-1988 years of birth hunters, natives of two villages - Geyzerkent and Hutarg. In place of the murder weapon were not found, apparently attackers took them from killed hunters" - said the source.

He said that a criminal case under three articles of the Criminal Code: 105, 222 and 226. In the near future additional measures are taken to identify and search for the killers."

I wonder if this is connected to yesterday operation.

:ph34r:

Go fuck yourself 

The mental gymnastics needed to compare cars to guns always make me cringe.

Not to say we can't compare deaths to deaths; For instance, it is true to say more people are killed with cars than "assault weaupuhns" in the U.S. So, "statistically," cars are more "dangerous" than guns. However, for him to think that suddenly throwing licenses at things will magically fix them is autism beyond belief. 

For instance, I personally know dozens of people that have stolen vehicles/drove vehicles without licences and kept them for years without being caught. (I work with at-risk kids and under-25s) 

This guy is probably a 20-something bleeding heart yellow-journalist that still lives with his parents. I mean, the quality of his videos prove that he hasn't taken any worthwhile editing classes. And---how long has he been doing this? a decade? With no quality improvement?

I extrapolate from this that he doesn't really care about anything he's saying. He doesn't deserve attention, but neither does he deserve hate. He only deserves to be forgotten.F-111F_dropping_high-drag_bombs.jpg