Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

I love gun auctions. This guy fucked up his SKS and thinks he can get over $400 for it. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=510270879

"Gun Cycles properly sometimes and sometimes it hangs after the first round."

Protip- "That is not "cycling properly" by any stretch.

Also I bet you'd have to soak and scrub that thing in lysol to get all the shaved bits of flesh and parmesan cheese out of the user installed sharp edges.

So other than Forgotten Weapons and - of course - TFB, what are some good YouTube gun channels that don't suck, aren't hosted by someone shilling a product for his corporate sponsor and isn't filled with neckbeards or some dude who talks like he has marbles in his mouth?

So other than Forgotten Weapons and - of course - TFB, what are some good YouTube gun channels that don't suck, aren't hosted by someone shilling a product for his corporate sponsor and isn't filled with neckbeards or some dude who talks like he has marbles in his mouth?

I find "britishmuzzleloaders"- https://www.youtube.com/user/britishmuzzleloadersto be interesting,  and "Cap and Ball"/ "Classic Firearms" - https://www.youtube.com/user/capandball/videos is a decent one.

ht_gun_videos_Hickok45_kb_140115_16x9_60

hickok45 here, and today we will be out-fudding the fudds 

C&Rsenal is probably my favorite. Perfect fusion of history and firearms, and Othais does an incredible job.

Jeff Quitney (historical videos, many firearms related), Cody's Lab (teenager who makes his own blackpowder from raw materials), The Wound Channel (random shooting/fucking around), Taofledermaus (really nice guy makes improvised/homemade shotgun loads, shoot gummy bears, fucks around with mercury), Demolition Ranch (I don't think his gun channel is too special, but he's also a vet/vet tech who uses the proceeds from his channels to save dogs and other animals) Rifle Dynamics (Jim Fuller's channel, he rivals Marc Krebs for AK knowledge), British Pathe (historical newsreels, etc,many of which are gun related), Afrermath Gun Club (obscure tactical shit, also nice people I know personally), AK Operator's Union (good AK info, I'm worried they're starting to go the way of the big names), faliaphotography (a lady who does pretty good gun reviews without the TnA), Fieldsports Channel (firearms and sport shooting in Britain and former Empire, a really refreshing and funny channel more geared towards hunters), Funker530 (combat footage), Grigory Rhein (very new channel, has uploaded some shooting vids of Russian small arms), GunsGearnGrub (Israeli shooter, covers obscure shit, hasn't uploaded in a while), INSTMILTECH (Reed Knight's channel), LifeSizePotato (Great reviews of obscure/weird handguns), murpheysmuskets (blackpowder, he seems pretty new), NFMCurator (NRA's National Firearms Museum's channel), ozziereviews (Aussie gun reviews), The Ammo Channel (ammo testing), troubleshooterBerlin (gun design theory from Berlin, personal friend of mine).

Also everything everyone else said.

C&Rsenal is probably my favorite. Perfect fusion of history and firearms, and Othais does an incredible job.

Speaking as someone who does not know as much about firearms as some of the regulars around here, I really like the videos with Othias and May.  They strike me as very genuine people, doing videos because they really like the topic.  

Syria, not far from Latakia at Russian airforces base. Those are russian army engineers that service and arm planes.

Then they likely are Makarov holsters, as one of that pattern was made for the pistol, as well as a leather strap style lanyard as seen in your image.