Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Go to Das Google.

Type Civilian Marksmanship Program. Or CMP. Or anything that resembles that.

Click on the link.

Look at pretty picture of the thecmp.org website.

Use that mouse scrolly thing to go up and down.

Randomly click on links until the desired one eventually comes up.

The End.

My advice: Don't watch Hickok, Nutnfancy, IV8888, Whatshisname & Erika, MattV2099...

Hickok videos are long vidoes of him talking and akwardly shooting at same targets from same perspective and angle every time for many years, with exception of his several vids. IV8888 is not bad, if you watch it as a derp rednecks attempt to make good vids (their video quality is pretty good, BTW, although lacking in almost all other areas besides videoimage). Others i never saw. MAC is not totally bad, but his ~gear-whorish product placement like Beltfortactikewlfattiestm Griffincanstm ZQIammunitiontm marketing is sightly annoying for me.

So watch nothing, because everything sucks  :P

Nice bit about the ammo components and allowing soldiers to carry on base.

Also, I like how half the comments on your article are "How do I join the CMP?" as if they can't simply use a Google search and go the the Civilian Marksmanship Program's webpage or - gasp - give them a call. 

And of course another one-fourth of the comments are people bitching and moaning about the expected cost of these pistols and how they won't be match grade. Or how they can't buy them for some ridiculously cheap price so the preppers and hoarders won't get them all or the gunshow vultures can't gobble them up and resell them for triple the price.

So, I have finally stopped being lazy and am now busting my butt to get a Colt SCAMP post out tomorrow. It's a really obscure gun, and I've got some good info on it, so hopefully even the nerdiest of gun nerds will learn something they didn't already know!

1) Google Colt Scamp

2) Post website/YouTube video of work someone else has done.

3) Add maybe one paragraph of text that you may or may not have written.

4) Get paid.

Oh yeah, the Thompson Autorifle, one of the very early major US selfloading rifle designs. It was basically a straight blowback .30-06 rifle, and ejected brass with such force that the cases could penetrate pine boards. Not the greatest design ever, but forgiven for being very early.

Also, tomorrow y'all get to read 1,800 words on the Colt SCAMP.

Oh yeah, the Thompson Autorifle, one of the very early major US selfloading rifle designs. It was basically a straight blowback .30-06 rifle, and ejected brass with such force that the cases could penetrate pine boards. Not the greatest design ever, but forgiven for being very early.

Also, tomorrow y'all get to read 1,800 words on the Colt SCAMP.

Cool, something to kill a few minutes while at work. :P

Looking forward to it, actually. I don't know much about the SCAMP.