Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Who dosent visit Tex-Mex country to get drunk on mexican beer and BBQ enough to buy up all the surplus nagants in the southwest and resell them 4 years later at 230% inflated prices 

In all seriousness, i did buy a few nagant pistols in the South just to have something to fiddle with, there is a decent chance i actually encounted Meplat 

was the expat in his late 40s? 

No, he was a tall, somewhat skinny guy in his late 20's/early 30's.

He was very happy to get it though, and then showed me the fantastic East German Makarov he'd found in the show.

Part of me wanted to charge him more, the bigger part told that part to shut up, as that silly popgun had obviously found a fine home, and was saved from a slow death in a machine-shop as a can mule.

I should not be too hard on it, as it DID work, was reasonably accurate and was basically new when I got it.  But I only had ~$ 35.00 in it, and another $50.00 for the ammo that came with it.  I sold it for an even $100.00. It was a 1940 Tula, IIRC.

Since Karl equivocated the .300 Blackout and the 7.92x33 Kurz, here's a render of the two cartridges both loaded with 240gr subsonic bullets. Note the poorly shaped combustion chamber of the Kurz:

HXUM0LP.png

I don't think the 7.92x33 would make a very good host for subsonics, because the case is too fat and wide, and the overall length is too short. However, I was surprised at how much widening the bullet from 7.82mm to 8.16mm, and adopting the shorter ogive of the KzPtr shortened the Sierra Match King - by a whole 3.715mm! That took the KzPtr from "unworkable" with long subsonic bullets to merely "bad". Contrast the internal volume of the 7.92 with the nice, neat combustion chamber of the .300 Blackout when loaded with the 240 Sierra.

TFB is really pushing the tactical gun lamp storage with two posts on the subject!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/02/tactical-lamp-another-method-of-gun-storage-at-home/

Cuz leaving a loaded weapon out where a kid can find it or where a burglar will knock it off a shelf in a home invasion robbery is what we need to be promoting.

Also, Katie dear, hunters care about home defense.

Not myself, but I've seen them.

I'm trying to correct that. Hopefully before the end of the year I'll get into the "bulk ammo collection" where all the random 8mmKurz is lurking with the other stuff.

May be rooting through it soon, as I know I had a whole bunch of .45 auto rim stuffed with pyrodex and capped with 274 grain pills. Hopefully it's in that box.

HahahahaHAH! I have actually fooled you all! I am a huge Springfield Aromry M14A fanboy! Mwuahahahahahah!

5CbFqvM.jpg

Meplat was alone, he was alone in the rain, he took another drink.

.......And then shot a hole though his monitor with a .45 Mars Long pistol upon seeing this photo.