Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Oh, and just to prove that Lehigh Defense did infact make another screwdriver bullit in such a short time period and sell both side by side, here's Screwdriver Bullit Mk.1 for comparison in the same caliber. (9x19mm)

9mmXP20box__54759.1416240849.1280.1280.j

The Silverman handgun seems to me to be an example of the sort of engineering that led to the Thompson Autorifle. I can't really give it to Silverman, seeing as how they made exactly three of the guns.

Right, but not for the lack of a market; rather a lack of proper backing.

Oh, and just to prove that Lehigh Defense did infact make another screwdriver bullit in such a short time period and sell both side by side, here's Screwdriver Bullit Mk.1 for comparison in the same caliber. (9x19mm)

9mmXP20box__54759.1416240849.1280.1280.j

Do those come in 1/4" drive as a #2 ACR?  I may be building a deck soon..

Do those come in 1/4" drive as a #2 ACR?  I may be building a deck soon..

Would you require a certain rifling twist to get them to spin fast enough to secure a screw into your deck on the first shot?

I am given to understand that they were not very convincing blowback. They had little moving mass and fired pretty substantial rounds.

The test/prototype models, yes. There was a related patent presented that suggests they (Silverman IIRC) was intending to introduce a lever type hesitation lock to the design. 

When I get around to unpacking my books I'll try and scan in the images from Ezell's "Handguns of the World".

The test/prototype models, yes. There was a related patent presented that suggests they (Silverman IIRC) was intending to introduce a lever type hesitation lock to the design. 

When I get around to unpacking my books I'll try and scan in the images from Ezell's "Handguns of the World".

I know what you're talking about, and that's a bit reaching. A patent drawing a bit later than the C96 makes it a de-facto later design.

When Vampires extend their reign across the planet, or when a Twilight fan convention comes to town, you'll be wishing you had an adequate supply of those Lehigh cross bullitz.

I have four cases of wood bulleted 7,92 in Maxim belts, and an insecticide sprayer full of holy water.

vampires are a non issue.

For the Twoilet fans, I just need a tanker truck filled with Listerine and a high volume pump feeding a fog nozzle.