Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

[x] Drives a Kubelwagen

[x] Hitler Youth haircut (in past)

[x] "You could buy a G43/whatever other German WWII gun with that amount of money"

[x] Favorite gun as STG44 listed on website

[x] Ethnic background unnecessarily listed on website

[x] "Fascists, not Germans/Nazis!"

Never met the guy, but I can't help but laugh at this stuff.

[x] Drives a Kubelwagen

[x] Hitler Youth haircut (in past)

[x] "You could buy a G43/whatever other German WWII gun with that amount of money"

[x] Favorite gun as STG44 listed on website

[x] Ethnic background unnecessarily listed on website

[x] "Fascists, not Germans/Nazis!"

Never met the guy, but I can't help but laugh at this stuff.

You forgot:

[x] Wears Waffen-SS camo smocks

Karl creeps me out a little bit, not gonna lie. I don't have anything against the man... But that stuff all just kinda wigs me out.

Also, Karl being a bit of a wehraboo.

Alex, she had problems with the bolt being tough to use as the gun heated up, so don't let your smug spill out everywhere. ;)

Yet another video showing how English South Africans rapidly develop... odd accents the second they get out of the country. Truly we are blank slates for the world to impress upon.

Ethnic background I'm a mix of every damned thing like most Americans and probably that guy too.

I always felt it a little silly to worry about ethnicity, too, but that's how I was raised, and also because I am about as much of a mix as one can be without being indeterminately nonwhite.

Some people get a kick out of it, though, including some folks I gre up with, but that didn't resonate with me beyond wanting to fit in with the "Irish"* kids in high school.

*I tell you, I am pretty far from Irish-looking. Black eyes, chocolate brown hair, skin that goes from dark end of white in Winter to "are you Mexican?" in summer.

I always felt it a little silly to worry about ethnicity, too, but that's how I was raised, and also because I am about as much of a mix as one can be without being indeterminately nonwhite.

Some people get a kick out of it, though, including some folks I gre up with, but that didn't resonate with me beyond wanting to fit in with the "Irish"* kids in high school.

*I tell you, I am pretty far from Irish-looking. Black eyes, chocolate brown hair, skin that goes from dark end of white in Winter to "are you Mexican?" in summer.

Having a German surname (Pretoria also has a pretty sizeable ethic German community) I eventually got pissed of with the idea of ethnicity beyond "well, yeah, my ancestors had to come from somewhere" *. This didn't stop me from sperging out over having French Huguenots on my mom's side and various Scots on my dad's side. Or that there is a town in the Cape named after one branch of my family.

* Non-German germans make such a thing of it.

Wait. You're NOT Mexican?

*Looks frantically for the "And I'll have a Chinchilla!" Super Troopers clip on YouTube...*

I was born in Ukraine during the Soviet days. My mother is Ukrainian and my father was from Wexford, Ireland and working in Ukraine on some telecommunications project. My crisis is determining whether or not to eat potatoes or distill them..|

Back to guns. Does anyone have experience with Franchi shotguns? I own a Benelli, Remington, and Browning shotgun and was considering picking up one of these over-unders for sport shooting. 

Thoughts?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/37_1031/products_id/411548772

I really don't hsve any honestly on any of their designs, but regarding over/unders, people looked at me like an unwashed peasant using a Benelli pump action with a range limit of 2 rounds in the gun at any time because I wasn't using an over/under or single shot whenever I used to go skeet shooting, fuck those guys.

Also, my wife is literally even more indecisive on pistols then I am, and that's honestly saying alot, she used to kind of not like western polymer guns (aside from the FiveSeven oddly enough which is like, polymer out the ass.) very much due to the "feel" of them (can't really explain that, I can have her say it herself here because the way she says it to me is really odd sounding). But she likes my P320 now after using it for a bit.

I cannot explain her, and I myself thought I was the most indecisive person on taste in firearms. *shrug*