Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

I feel like I spend half my time working and the other half apologizing for not being Ian.

Pfft, well, at least you don't get emails from readers asking which handgun is the best if you're trying to stop a suicide bomber wearing body armor in a church in Jerusalem at 5:30 PM on a Friday when the sky is clear on a mid-September day if you're a Pisces.

But what if your wife is a Scorpio?

Pfft, well, at least you don't get emails from readers asking which handgun is the best if you're trying to stop a suicide bomber wearing body armor in a church in Jerusalem at 5:30 PM on a Friday when the sky is clear on a mid-September day if you're a Pisces.

But what if your wife is a Scorpio?

A Taurus 1911 clone in .50 GI for all of your needs.

american-psycho-bateman.jpeg

I was doing okay until the last picture

I literally sustained a similar injury over the summer (thoughbeit much smaller, it was farther down on a much more sensitive part of the hand and they had to hit it with anethisa 5 times for the sewing of it) its fucking annoying

Though it was nice to sit back, not do anything but play wargame, get high on pain pills, eat junk food and watch trailer park boys 

God damn it. Are you TRYING to bait me?

Don't be a shitty reloader and buy your ammo off the shelf if you can't be bothered to follow the steps. Especially when you are messing around with a carrridge like the 45-70.

Or you could shoot a gun that didn't use a shitty explodey tube magazine.

Setback occurs regardless of the magazine design.  It's a fault with the ammo, not the feed device.

The lebel has a tendency to setback bullets when loaded up all the way. Does PPU not crimp properly or does the krepacheck (spelling?) system just kind of suck?

The lebel has a tendency to setback bullets when loaded up all the way. Does PPU not crimp properly or does the krepacheck (spelling?) system just kind of suck?

I've had off and on issues with setback with their 7.5mm in my MAS 49, so I'd lean toward crimp. 

If I get my reloading bench set up again I could do some tests against the issue 7,5mm I have, to compare.

The issue is blaming a firearm on obvious user error, Sturgeon. It would be like me saying the AR or some other semi is a bad weapon because you can insert a magazine into it with a wrong (but similar) caliber cartridge load, chamber a round and blow yourself up. Something slightly harder to do in a Marlin 45-70 although not impossible.

But what's bothering me isn't the crimped cartridge issue or the lever action bashing. What's bothering me is that once again I go to TFB and am treated with a "I saw this on Facebook or YouTube and here it is" lazy writing where I have to go into the god damn comments section to explain what happened.

STEP UP YOUR GAME TFB!

It's bad enough that half your articles are rehashed press releases of some $200 trigger designed to make your Glock not suck or more expensive shit to put on your overweight AR or some Numb nuts Gator shootin' reality show star sponsoring a line of weapons. Or so help me God, another double-barrel 1911 piece!

Stop sucking TFB! Stop paying writers to crap out two paragraph links to press releases or other writer's and have a God damn opinion on one you're writing about. Is the $200 Glock trigger good or bad? Why should I care? What happened with Marlin blow up boy? You have a fucking phone or e-mail. Contact him. Interview him. Get an article, write 600-800 words about it with the Who, What, Where, When, Why?

Holy Hell, if you're going to pay people to be scrubs, hire Tied and me. Half of what we write will be wrong or incoherent. But at least it will be entertaining.

What's bothering me is that once again I go to TFB and am treated with a "I saw this on Facebook or YouTube and here it is" lazy writing where I have to go into the god damn comments section to explain what happened.

STEP UP YOUR GAME TFB!

It's bad enough that half your articles are rehashed press releases of some $200 trigger designed to make your Glock not suck or more expensive shit to put on your overweight AR or some Numb nuts Gator shootin' reality show star sponsoring a line of weapons. Or so help me God, another double-barrel 1911 piece!

Stop sucking TFB! Stop paying writers to crap out two paragraph links to press releases or other writer's and have a God damn opinion on one you're writing about. Is the $200 Glock trigger good or bad? Why should I care? What happened with Marlin blow up boy? You have a fucking phone or e-mail. Contact him. Interview him. Get an article, write 600-800 words about it with the Who, What, Where, When, Why?

Holy Hell, if you're going to pay people to be scrubs, hire Tied and me. Half of what we write will be wrong or incoherent. But at least it will be entertaining.

Oh believe me, if it were up to Nathaniel, Miles, Patrick, James, a few others, and myself then things would be different.

But yes, I agree with everything you said. The "look at this shit I found on facebook!" stuff irks the hell out, as does a number of other things I won't discuss.

That is why I started TFBTV. I did not want my reviews and articles to get lost in a sea of press releases and buzzfeed style firearm posts.