Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

COMPETITION Steel Chariot of The Prairie: The Lone Free State's First Battle Tank (2247)

Sturgeon

2 minutes ago, delete013 said:

It appears you all together are truly not smart enough or else you would be done with me in a minute. Yet after 10 hours, still trying in vain. But I'll do you a favour, I'll exit here. All necessary has been told and if you have any further mysteries, ask one of the more credible members here, like Looser, to tell you who I blame  or do I still complain and over what. Not sure they would want to waste time with you though. Until the evaluation! Cheers

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hug0ch34l2elrogdmi

25 minutes ago, delete013 said:

It appears you all together are truly not smart enough or else you would be done with me in a minute. Yet after 10 hours, still trying in vain.

Any idiot can argue with a genius for hours on end, like you’re doing. But before you go and try to spin this off as you’re the genius, let’s remind ourselves who has proven themselves at least marginally intelligent, by looking who has contributed what to the forum (or the internet at large)…

… hmmmm, I don’t see much from you, mate. But the people you’re arguing with? They have something to show. And that’s ok. I’m pretty damn useless here, I’m just tolerated because I’m respectful and know when I’ve been proven wrong or made a mistake, which have both happened. You’re lucky to have stayed here this long with your attitude, but it will be no huge loss that you are leaving. 

17 minutes ago, Lord_James said:

Any idiot can argue with a genius for hours on end, like you’re doing. But before you go and try to spin this off as you’re the genius, let’s remind ourselves who has proven themselves at least marginally intelligent, by looking who has contributed what to the forum (or the internet at large)…

… hmmmm, I don’t see much from you, mate. But the people you’re arguing with? They have something to show. And that’s ok. I’m pretty damn useless here, I’m just tolerated because I’m respectful and know when I’ve been proven wrong or made a mistake, which have both happened. You’re lucky to have stayed here this long with your attitude, but it will be no huge loss that you are leaving. 

Loooser, sure. NLM, sure. But me?

im-kinda-retarded-alex.gif

6 hours ago, delete013 said:

What happened to that profound "praise good/romantic idealist"? I had great expectations.

Why do you think I keep responding to this inanity? I've been trying to praise what I see as good in you, in the idealistic hope that you'll become a better poster.

Slavic pessimism would have saved me some trouble on this front...

21 minutes ago, Toxn said:

Why do you think I keep responding to this inanity? I've been trying to praise what I see as good in you, in the idealistic hope that you'll become a better poster.

Slavic pessimism would have saved me some trouble on this front...

He doesn't see praise unless it's unconditional, which is very typical of low IQ narcissists. You won't say it, so I will.

On 9/9/2021 at 5:19 PM, LoooSeR said:

Judges of this competition want to inform @Lord_James and @delete013that your submissions where excluded from this competition.

• Lord James submission wasn't finished in time and it is incomplete, lacking critical data. Sorry, James, would be interesting to see results if you could finalise your design.

Yeah, I was shooting for 65-68 tons normal, about 75-78 tons with the belly plate and turret wedges. But she really put on some COVID weight :lol:, and I just dropped it, I’m not really looking for 80+ ton mammoths. Funny enough, not a single plate on my tank was over 1 inch thick (except for the trunnion mounting, because it has to be thicker). 

FWIW, the front armor is: 

Wedge (60 degrees): 20mm HHA, 20mm STEF, 20mm RHA 

750mm air gap (at the center) 

Turret front (24 degrees): 20mm HHA, 51mm STEF, 25mm RHA, 280mm NERA (60 degrees, arranged like T-72B array), 20mm HHA, 280mm NERA (shells have to pass through 2 plates when dead on), 25mm HHA, 25mm STEF, 25mm RHA. 

Out of curiosity, what drove the overall height of your tonk? It seems to be much higher than the other competitors, was there any specific reasoning there?

One could look at the higher-than-contemporaries overall height, very high ammunition load, and odd sizing due to the engine bay, and draw quite charming parallels to the M4 Sherman. :)

1 hour ago, OnlySlightlyCrazy said:

Out of curiosity, what drove the overall height of your tonk? It seems to be much higher than the other competitors, was there any specific reasoning there?

Front mounted engines are fun? The size of my engine was originally to have about 15+ hp/ton (if the vehicle were it’s intended weight). With current technology, that required a big engine, and placing that in front means you need a big slab of armor. I don’t think it helped that I brought the radiator underneath all that armor, either. Also, a 6 inch gun takes up a lot of space, which requires a big turret.

I’ve definitely learned my lesson here, though. Front engines are not a good idea for MBT’s unless your doctrine allows you to have less hull armor (and if your engines aren’t too big). Also, big guns are a pain to work around; keep to reasonable bore sizes, unless you can fully automate it. 

1 hour ago, N-L-M said:

Sounds like the design definitely had potential.

Maybe if we had 20 years more technology (and I had more experience) she could be something. But right now? No.