Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Failures in Historic/Scientific/Military Journalism

Bump

In light of recent events, here's a good one from CNBC.

Holy fuckstickles.

BEWARE THE SUPERJEWS!

"The Israelis have recently forged an agreement with Lockheed to buy several F35 fighters the Israelis have re-designed to double their radar-defeating stealth range."

Israelis are so badass they redesigned a steath fighter and doubled it's 'stealth range'.

Jesus, that's worse than Fox.

Holy fuckstickles.

BEWARE THE SUPERJEWS!

"The Israelis have recently forged an agreement with Lockheed to buy several F35 fighters the Israelis have re-designed to double their radar-defeating stealth range."

Israelis are so badass they redesigned a steath fighter and doubled it's 'stealth range'.

Jesus, that's worse than Fox.

Is the threat of nuclear war hanging over our heads? How will this influence your short-term stock picks? Can we blow the boards of five defence conglomerates in one sitting?

Find out next  on MPHGNOBLMPHFLLPTHSHLUPSHLUPSHLUP

• 1 month later...

They most likely just had release of vaporized mustard powder. If it was real mustard gas, folks would be in the hospital.

Also, I am no chemist, but I have no idea why anyone would think you could synthesize sulfur mustard via alcohol and mustard seeds.

Same. 

Maybe they're just stupid. 

A month or so ago there was a story about a Roman sword found off of Oak Island in Nova Scotia. 

However, its probably just an 18th century remake that is being used to get those History Channel TV ratings. 

My dad watches that awful show. He used to watch it seriously, but makes fun of it now, too. We've discussed drinking games for it, and some great ones would be if you took a shot every time:

-A sentence starts with "I strongly believe."

-Someone talks about a "rare opportunity" to stand around picking their asses

-A person's name is listed with no job underneath it besides "Oak Island Theorist/Enthusiast"

-They excuse a failed expedition experiment with things like "Well, we narrowed down a quite a bit, so I'd call it an overall win."

and many others.

• 2 months later...

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'm shoehorning this in here.

You should not believe a single thing 60 minutes has to say about derivatives because of one crucial error they make at 8:06.  In this they claim that the size of the market of derivatives was 50 trillion dollars in 2008, which is about the same size as the gross world product of that year.

That's self-evidently absurd.

• 2 weeks later...

alkaline-diet-phchart.jpg

Citrus is now alkaline (and seawater is neutral).

Not even just the citrus, nearly everything under "alkaline" is acidic. Apples are 3.3-3.9, strawberries 3.0-3.9, bananas 4.5-5.2, grapes 3.5-4.5, pineapple 3.2-4.0, watermelon 5.2-5.6, red onion 5.3-5.8, kiwi 3.1-3.9, peas 5.8-7.0, asparagus 6.1.