Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Ukrainian armor - Oplot-M, T-64M Bulat and other.

LoooSeR

Because "roaming tank" is  the hero Ukraine deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A roaming tank.

http://www.voanews.com/content/ukraine-mysterious-roaming-tank-reportedly-takes-aim-at-smugglers/2887112.html

Interesting.  First time I've seen those rocket pods on a land vehicle.

Mounting S-5 Rocket pods on technicals and trucks has become quite common in the Middle East.  I believe it was in Libya that they first start using them rather frequently.  The Russians had similar setups during their time in Afghanistan too.

The Strela-10 launcher does look kind of cool with the pods mounted in place of the missiles.

Mounting S-5 Rocket pods on technicals and trucks has become quite common in the Middle East.  I believe it was in Libya that they first start using them rather frequently.  The Russians had similar setups during their time in Afghanistan too.

The Strela-10 launcher does look kind of cool with the pods mounted in place of the missiles.

When you are too poor to even afford a BM-21...

didnt even notice the radar, i just thought it was a generic MT-LB

good eye! 

I feel bad for the T-64.  Here is a tank that was an absolute stud when it was introduced, yet because it was never exported it never saw combat, unlike its cousins the T-72 and T-80.  And then, 30 some years after it is introduced, it's finally put into combat in a half-assed civil war.  These tanks sit around in Ukrainian tank graveyards dreaming of storming through the fulda gap, not fighting Russian "separatist" T-72s.

I feel bad for the T-64.  Here is a tank that was an absolute stud when it was introduced, yet because it was never exported it never saw combat, unlike its cousins the T-72 and T-80.  And then, 50 years after it is introduced, it's finally put into combat in a half-assed civil war.  These tanks sit around in Ukrainian tank graveyards dreaming of storming through the fulda gap, not fighting Russian "separatist" T-64s and T-72s.

Small corrections  :P

if these assholes were as good at fighting as they were filming Yutobe ivedoes we would be in trouble

Just kiddin, my beef isnt with the majority of Ukraine servicemen

fact is they arent to different from their Russian counterparts, I myself was in their shoes 30 years ago, thanfully got to enjoyings the absence of a large conflict

fuck man, if you filmed this somewhere in germany, with soviet flags and grainy quality, i would be out here Lementing the good ole days of Czech beer and German women 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qG1UBgEI1w&feature=youtu.be&t=2m30s

Lviv tank repair factory. Look what they got there...

fL2CVLq7OH4.jpg

ah yes, T-55s

would anyone like to remind me how EUkraine is winning? I offer now is the time to bring that up 

Or is it just me that thinks the nation that birthed some of the most popular tanks in the USSR, being forced to use T-55, is a bad omen

So, a very well known ukrainian censor.net portal published an article by Butusov about vehicle losses at Debaltsevo. Link to Butusov's FB post:

https://www.facebook.com/butusov.yuriy/posts/1030551086985187:2

T-64BV - 46 tanks

BMP-2 - 54

BMP-1 - 40

BRM-1K - 10

BTR-70 - 20

BTR-80 - 9

122 mm SPG Gvozdika - 16