Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

Latest meeting between SAA-YPG mediated by Russians took place in Hmeimem rather than Qamishli Airport, meeting ended not long ago

SAA will maintain control of Kawkab Base, police in the interior ministry will be in charge Security box, police stations & Gov institutions

YPG & Asayish will withdraw from points they captured since 18th August

NDF will no longer control checkpoints on the road to Tell Barak, reports that Arab tribes have surrendered to YPG in the area

However sporadic clashes are still being reported in Hasakah and that Asayish movement reported in Qamishli & around Arab villages in south

I am surprised that nobody updated this thread with news about FUCKING TURKISH ARMY INVASION  :o

We were waiting for you to post photos two days ago of the staging grounds for the Turkish expeditionary force as well as pictures of Erdogan going over strategy with his generals. Well, those he hasn't already had arrested on trumped up charges.

I'm still baffled that the US threw the kurds under the bus this brutally.

This is the Administration that sent John Kerry to Paris to have James Taylor sing "You've Got A Friend" following the Islamic terrorist attack on Charlie Hebdo.

I wouldn't exactly say they're hip to the nuances of foreign diplomacy. 

I'm still baffled that the US threw the kurds under the bus this brutally.

Kurds pissed off everybody in and outside of Syria and Iraq, they deserved this. They should not had started all this shit in Hasaka. Looks like our leadership knew (or was warned in advance) about Turkish army actions.

We were waiting for you to post photos two days ago of the staging grounds for the Turkish expeditionary force as well as pictures of Erdogan going over strategy with his generals. Well, those he hasn't already had arrested on trumped up charges.

I can't post from work, especially from mobile phone.  :(

Kurds pissed off everybody in and outside of Syria and Iraq, they deserved this. They should not had started all this shit in Hasaka. Looks like our leadership knew (or was warned in advance) about Turkish army actions.

Oh yeah the shit in Hasaka was retarded, but I think this operation was planned quite a while before the Hasaka clash started. And I still don't know who started what in Hasaka, there was lots of mud throwing from both Asayish and NDF .

Oh yeah the shit in Hasaka was retarded, but I think this operation was planned quite a while before the Hasaka clash started. And I still don't know who started what in Hasaka, there was lots of mud throwing from both Asayish and NDF .

Weren't we hearing as far back as December about the Turkish military massing on the Syrian border?

the Kurds seem like opportunistic hooligans when you scratch the surface, Im beginning to see why the Turks draw such a hard line with them

I think you mean "Hill Turks."

Hasaka was only one of many reasons. Main reasons for Turkey are Manbij and recently announced SDF push to Al-Bab. 

Apperently Erdogan 2 days ago discussed something about "fighting against terrorism of ISIS and PRK" with Barzani (Iraqi Kurdistan). 

2 days ago SAA repelled 6 attacks at hills near Artillery Academy, managed to hold the ground. Battle for Aleppo continues not very well for islamists.

Shitty thing about Turkish [small] invasion is Turkish 2nd Army units are mixed with islamists from Al-Zinqi and some other moderate scumbags, which entered Syria from Turkey.  

For those who forgot who/what Al-Zinqi are, these are the guys that beheaded a ~12 year old kid and were proud of it.

Also, I personally don't think the Turks will provide support that goes further than artillery range (and maybe a little bit extra), For as far as I know the SDF has quite a few Arabs too, so fighting those full on probably won't be a smart idea.

Also Loooser, do you know anything about the SAA being able to push for Al-Bab before rebels/SDF get there?

Turkish-speeking otvaga forum members linked to this 2 days ago:

http://www.samanyoluhaber3.com/turkiye-ozgur-suriye-ordusuna-topraklarini-acti-mi-haberi/1268527/

Turkey opened its borders for FSA, which are related to MIT for Jhebrailus operation. "  

Up to 1500 fighters prepared by Turkey were removed from the fighting, and departed from Aleppo and Idlib regions to capture / return Jhebrailus.I Turkey provided an additional 1,500 of their commando forces

It is claimed that operation aimed to "cut" future Rojava. 

For those who forgot who/what Al-Zinqi are, these are the guys that beheaded a ~12 year old kid and were proud of it.

Also, I personally don't think the Turks will provide support that goes further than artillery range (and maybe a little bit extra), For as far as I know the SDF has quite a few Arabs too, so fighting those full on probably won't be a smart idea.

Also Loooser, do you know anything about the SAA being able to push for Al-Bab before rebels/SDF get there?

Al-Zinqi also receives TOW-2As and act as Nusra/Sham AT teams.

Pictures shows Turkish army personal and AFVs in Syria.

Al-Bab is already under ISIS, changes of hands will not really change things. About SAA being able to take it - unlikely in near future. Tiger forces are near Aleppo (SW and NW part of it), all other capable forces are in combat in different part of Syria (Lattakia, Ghouta, etc). 

Also, it appears that ISIS left some positions near places where Turkish forces entered, it is possible that they want to leave space for Turks and Kurds to clash and fight with each other.

Al-Quds ATGMed what is claimed MLRS/artillery vehicle

https://www.facebook.com/syrian.reporters/videos/1147211228657782/

Turkish-speeking otvaga forum members linked to this 2 days ago:

http://www.samanyoluhaber3.com/turkiye-ozgur-suriye-ordusuna-topraklarini-acti-mi-haberi/1268527/

It is claimed that operation aimed to "cut" future Rojava. 

image-1039252-panoV9free-ewrf-1039252.gi

"Rojava" map for reference 

More of Turkish media coverage: 

http://www.birgun.net/haber-detay/cerablus-a-askeri-operasyon-125334.html

http://www.samanyoluhaber3.com/suriyenin-cerablus-kentine-askeri-harekat-basladi-haberi/1268543/

^ This one claims that Turkish leadership managed to coordinate their actions with Syria. Interesting that about a week ago rumors were going around that Turkish MIT officer was in Syria.

http://www.samanyoluhaber3.com/abd-baskan-yardimcisi-joe-biden-bugun-geliyor-haberi/1268546/

About Joe Biden urgent visit 

https://www.facebook.com/Syrianmilitarycapabilities/videos/1233592456683283/

Islamists running away from their position on one of hills near Aleppo Hikma school/Artillery Academy

Report: Turkish tanks enter Syria, aim to free IS-held town [Aug 24]

Turkey's state-run news agency says Turkish tanks have crossed into Syria as part of a military operation to free a border town held by the Islamic State group.

In its report Wednesday, Anadolu Agency did not say how many tanks had entered Syria. It based its report on unnamed military sources.

Private NTV television said as many as 20 tanks had crossed into Syria. It said clashes were taking place at the border.