Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

Erdogan deflects blame by modding YPG markings into DCS: World and taking a screenshot of a Su-25.

Turkey is so dead.

I doubt anything of note will happen. Just look at all the US recon aircraft that got shot down during the Cold War. Both the Korean Airlines flights. All the little incursions like Iran and the USSR or the occasional mixups between Greece and Turkey.

ETA:

Unconfirmed video indicates one of the pilots is KIA.

Edited by cm_kruger

I knew this day was coming, but i did not expected a Turkish F-16 to be a reason.

To me it looks like a linear continuation of the previous reactions by the Turkish government, first they lodge diplomatic complaints, then they shoot down a UAV, and now they shoot down a manned airplane.

A few questions got raised on a different forum, and one of them was whether or not the SU-24 has some sort of automatic ejection system in case of catastrophic failure (like this one). People are debating whether the pilot got lynched or was badly wounded when he left the aircraft.

Can somebody confirm/deny?

Not specific to the Su-24 but IIRC with the F-4 and similar it's set up so triggering one ejection seat fires both of them, while singular ejections have to be set manually, for the obvious reason that one crewman might be incapacitated.

Putin: Today's tragedy will have consequences for Russia-Turkey relations. We always viewed Turkey as our closest friend

Putin: Ankara to discuss this tragedy with NATO as if it was Russia who shot down their jet. Does Turkey want NATO to serve ISIS goals?

Putin: We've known for a while that a lot of ISIS oil goes to Turkey, hence a lot of financial support for terrorists from Turkey

Putin: "We were stabbed in the back by the supporters of terrorism."