Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Vehicles of the PLA: Now with refreshing new topic title!

Khand-e

Do you know much about the Sino-Pakistani relationship? I know Pakistan likes to use Chinese military hardware and are building a highway through Kashmir. With the war on the Afghan frontier and the U.S. leaving, would it be likely to see more Chinese involvement in that conflict?

Do you know much about the Sino-Pakistani relationship? I know Pakistan likes to use Chinese military hardware and are building a highway through Kashmir. With the war on the Afghan frontier and the U.S. leaving, would it be likely to see more Chinese involvement in that conflict?

China is easily Pakistan's biggest ally bar none, the fact they both don't like India also helps. But Pakistan is usually the first buyer of any new Chinese toys or gets the chance to test them second (after China themselves) to see how they perform. (Pakistan is also usually the first country a new Chinese premier visits and vice versa.)

Also, they're building much more then just a highway. China is putting a 46 billion USD investment in improving the infrastructure and local defense of Pakistan, which outdoes even the USA's own 31 billion, to basically make everything from Roads, Railways, port improvements and a canal, many power stations, and countless other improvements to help defend them against local terrorist cells.

And yeah, Chinese involvement wouldn't surprise me at all as they're basically trying to build a modern silk road at this point, if attacks from Afghanistan threaten that to the point Pakistan has trouble stopping it, I would expect them to at least send some defensive units on the border.

fuck, accidental post, meant to edit. I did however update the chart above and will keep doing so when I remember exactly whats been sold to who and possibly add serious potential future buyers.

It is almost like CSAT in Arma 3!  :o

Nah, some magically strong Iran is the primary antagonist in Arma 3.

Which is only one of it's flaws, but it's at least really good with mods.

(....great, now I need to make a games thread on it.)

The Type 96A is actually a few tonnes heavier then then an unmodified T-72B (not the Biathlon ones), Not too surprising that it's slightly bigger.

It could have been turret and hull frontal armor, heavier does not mean bigger. Type 96A looks like it have better frontal armor than T-72B.

It could have been turret and hull frontal armor, heavier does not mean bigger. Type 96A looks like it have better frontal armor than T-72B.

They did rate it's armor better at the Biathlon. If you look a bit further, you can actually get photographs of inside the Type-96A with it's hatch open (I can get the photos if you want), maybe do that and take notes of features of it's interior layout that may make the tank bigger.

420463_original.jpg

420621_original.jpg

421093_original.jpg

421124_original.jpg

421546_original.jpg

421853_original.jpg

http://andrei-bt.livejournal.com/371963.html

http://andrei-bt.livejournal.com/372187.html

According to that MBT-3000 lost to Oplot-M during tests in Pakistan. MBT-3000 did not showed itself much better than Al-Khalid. And they were talking about this thing being superior to T-14  :)