Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Some people say that this small hole at right part of turret (left for us) can not be hole for 7.62 MG. I think that Ariete can say something about that.

47.jpg

tumblr_np3i9nGfSY1soir95o1_1280.jpg

Although, i don't like location - it is not very safe. It would be better to mount it higher, IMO.

That's a very interesting looking suspension.  Why do the third, fourth and fifth road wheels not have visible suspension arms like the front and back wheels?  

I covered suspension in details previously. It is torsion bars suspension with first, second, 6th and 7th rollers using rotary "shock absorbers", controlled by computer (in case of T-14 it is first, second and last rollers). Those rollers are used to control tracks tension during movement, and allow to do interesting things like rising a roller during turns to decrease ground resistance to hull rotation. Some videos and photos shows how Armata-based vehicles do that during turns on public roads, where resistance to rotation is pretty high.   

http://www.i-mash.ru/news/nov_predpr/67336-v-novosibirske-startovalo-proizvodstvo.html

NEVZ-Ceramics started production of armor-grade ceramics for Armata, Kurganets-25 and Boomerang vehicles in Novosibirsk city. As company official noted, new military vehicles, showed during this year Victory parade, were already equipped with their ceramics.

Nikitin said that ceramics on a metal plate base increase protection of combat vehicle by 1.5 times compared to the all-metal counterparts.

From the front, the proportions are a little reminiscent of centurion.

Loooser, you had said the shock absorbers could relieve pressure on the front and rear road wheels to concentrate the weight on the central road wheels to allow better turning, right?  Does that also mean the suspension can kneel?

From the front, the proportions are a little reminiscent of centurion.

Loooser, you had said the shock absorbers could relieve pressure on the front and rear road wheels to concentrate the weight on the central road wheels to allow better turning, right?  Does that also mean the suspension can kneel?

No, AFAIK. At least i didn't saw that. I think more info will come after RAE or similar russian weapons expo this year.

m6jAS.jpg

Coincidence? I don't think so.  :)

Prototyped tank with crew in frontal part of hull, Leningrad, late 1980s. 

tank_du.jpg

mesto.jpg

Crewmembers could duplicate each other's functions (commander could do driver's work for example). Also this vehicle was tested for remote control and remote aim and fire of main weapon, and it showed quite good results. Tank was equipped with number of cameras around hull, which helped to drive vehicle.

So about that Chinese black PR stunt - next wait for India claiming that Arjun can go through Armata with just laser rangefinder.

"Just look at that sheet metal on turret - our laser rangefinder will penetrate it with ease!"