Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

http://www.freepatent.ru/patents/2366882

Object 195's autoloader patent. It is possible that T-14 use modified version of it.

RPJIA.jpg

2366882-2.jpg

2366882-3.jpg

As i understand shells and propelant were located vertically, with shells 'outside' and propellant charges 'inside' of carousel. It use 'robotic' arm-like device to take both shell and charge, and move to turret. Number 3 is rammer, i think. 

@Bill

This size comparison seems to confirm the reports that the T-90 series just weren't big enough to fit in all the sensors, electronics and other stuff designed to confuse old steam age gunnery types like myself.

And it seems the gunner gets the short straw.  To bale out he has to wait for crew commander or driver to clear a hatch.

That little crew compartment looks really  er...cosy.  Where do they fit the coffee maker?  Tank crews run on coffee, well maybe Russian ones run on tea, but the main role of the operator (loader to any Americans amongst us) was to keep the rest of the crew supplied with brews.  To be fair, what little I have seen of M1 doesn't suggest it is really well set up for this either.

@Bill

This size comparison seems to confirm the reports that the T-90 series just weren't big enough to fit in all the sensors, electronics and other stuff designed to confuse old steam age gunnery types like myself.

And it seems the gunner gets the short straw.  To bale out he has to wait for crew commander or driver to clear a hatch.

That little crew compartment looks really  er...cosy.  Where do they fit the coffee maker?  Tank crews run on coffee, well maybe Russian ones run on tea, but the main role of the operator (loader to any Americans amongst us) was to keep the rest of the crew supplied with brews.  To be fair, what little I have seen of M1 doesn't suggest it is really well set up for this either.

:D

I think T-90 could use all electronics and toys that T-14 have like Active protecton system (there are kits for T-90 with Arena-M), radars and other things. Yeah, i can't say much for crew compartment in T-14. By UVZ words, crew can work there for days (72 hours were mentioned) "in comfort". 

@Bill

Welcome to SH. :D

http://www.freepatent.ru/patents/2366882

Object 195's autoloader patent. It is possible that T-14 use modified version of it.

RPJIA.jpg

2366882-2.jpg

2366882-3.jpg

As i understand shells and propelant were located vertically, with shells 'outside' and propellant charges 'inside' of carousel. It use 'robotic' arm-like device to take both shell and charge, and move to turret. Number 3 is rammer, i think. 

It looks like the rounds are stored in cassettes like T-72, but the cassette is ejected after use unlike T-72 (the cassette ejector is part number 9 on the first drawing). Google translate calls it "remove the tray mechanism". Bojan claims that the 2A82 is a necked down 2A83, so I'd be very surprised if it were very different on T-14

@Bill

Welcome! M1 has a BV, according to the_chieftain - it may not have been fitted on early models, but it's definitely there now. The gunner looks to have a better chance of escaping than on most western tanks - normally he has to wait till the commander has legged it, while on T-14 he can still get out via the drivers hatch if the commander is incapacitated for whatever reason

400dfd351032.jpg

T-14 side hull armor protecting crew capsule. Note how much layers we can see near rotary shock absorbers.

afe253307010.png

From here some sort of mine protection of the crew compartment can be seen (far part of vehicle at this photo).

It looks like the rounds are stored in cassettes like T-72, but the cassette is ejected after use unlike T-72 (the cassette ejector is part number 9 on the first drawing). Google translate calls it "remove the tray mechanism". Bojan claims that the 2A82 is a necked down 2A83, so I'd be very surprised if it were very different on T-14

I think it ejects this:

DSCN0932.jpg

remeber when we used to keep these things secret?

we might as-well be mailing the white house its user manual as it  :lol:

The world found out about the new tank a few weeks before the Victory day parade instead of the day of the parade itself.  Not that much difference.

I wonder if that's NERA we're seeing around the suspension components.  If so, does that make T-14 the first tank with composite armored hull side structure?

The world found out about the new tank a few weeks before the Victory day parade instead of the day of the parade itself.  Not that much difference.

I wonder if that's NERA we're seeing around the suspension components.  If so, does that make T-14 the first tank with composite armored hull side structure?

i was refering the good ol' days when it toke the west two decades to realize what a T-64 was 

T-14's frontal armor.

d276I.jpg

Look at right side of it - you can see a "step". Metal plate behind camera unit is just sheet metal covering this "step" wich can give you idea about level of roof protection. 

8RSCJ.jpg

Hull looks sleak, while turret is just gigantic on this photo. Opened hatch give idea that roof armor is pretty thick. If something hits cemara unit or anything at same height, it will not hit actual hull, but roof armor.

Object 477A was planeed to have something similar.

379930_original.jpg

First is T-15, second is one of Object 477 prototypes.

Armor module looks like this.

we84rlsknvymil8m9e9lner0r.jpg

Here is 3D model of one Object 477A proposal, attention to hull side.

GqPORVsbb2I.jpg

Model of the Object 477 with side armor modules.

bo1.jpg