Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

GNshu.jpg

Yellow - "horizontal" grenade launchers for smoke, Red - "vertical"  smoke greandes launchers.

I suspect those are a fancier version of the small tubes visible on the K-25 turrets, as here:

IMG_0524-1.jpg

APS modules:

RsKq4.jpg

BZezf.jpg

yelT1.jpg

Not the circled ones, but the tubes in a square section box above them. They're present on the K-25 30mm turret, but not on the T-15 30mm turret. Both kinds of tubes remind me of drozd, and I suspect the smaller ones are just smokescreens (possibly multispectrum) and the large tubes for the hard kill - more thrown mass and they're already aimed, so can launch faster than the trainable launcher. No hard kill for top attack munitions, but the plan is probably to rely on the vertically launched smoke grenades to cause a miss. Boomerang lacks all tubes, probably the weight/cost penalty was too much (or manufacture of the systems is a bottleneck, or it hasn't been certified on that vehicle yet, or...).

I expect the strange black panels to be radar of some type to run the system

Kurganets IFV turret is equipped with smoke grenade launchers (that looks like Drozd), while hull is equipped with some sort of lighter version of APS, seen on T-14. Note that Kurganets APC have same "Drozd"-like launchers on RCWS, even when vehicle don't have radars. 

IyRvZlN.jpg

Also, hull-mounted 'tubes' have bigger caliber than turret-mounted, which is inderect indication that turret launchers are not for serious hard kill APS. Another thing is that while radars are mounted on hull, as APS modules with munitions, laser sensors are mounted on turret, as those boxy launchers.

Yeah, black boxes are radars that detect top-attack weapons and use vertically aimed smoke/IR/whatever grenades to minimize probability of successful attack.

GYXTdkx.jpg

gHfd7aj.jpg

ggxVHnG.jpg

6LE6LKN.jpg

McRWNm1.jpg

Zsf1rpj.jpg

BMP_Kurganets-25_IFV_Object_695_0012.jpg

Kurganets-25 IFV rear camera module, Active protection system radar. T-15 is on background, with visible radar and observation side-looking camera.

WQTx8nK.jpg

Boomerang side observation module.

"light" APS on Kurganets and "heavy" APS on T-15.

D765d.jpg

NcF2C.jpg

pDdkisIdeP8.jpg