Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Went shooting today. Got my sweaty hands on a C-96 among other thing but the main focus was a Chinese paratrooper SKS

Was a plesent enough experience. Great thing about SKS's is being able to turn your brain off (better safety than AKs, though being abit eaiser to forget about, and a comfy magazine relise that just wants to be your friend) while not worring about getting dirt on it because its a precious VZ 58 and ohmygosh its the only one left this side of the volga who let the drunk old man get his grubby fingers on it

Had 2 malfuctions both minor stovepipes (being that its an SKS it only can really fuck with one round at a time. And the first one was the last round)

As much as i would like trigger Mech or Khand or whatever chink name he goes by these days autism, it had less to do with a Chinese boondogling of the rifles design and more to do with the fact that the magazine release was pretty fucking lose and that, for fucks sake, its a 50+ year old rifle

And besides it wasnt the ammo, because fuck you thats why

Regardless any malfuction on a weapon short of blowing my hand off is almost forgivable if i get to get my hands on some sexy ten round strippers which are as fun to load into the rifle as they are to put the contents of downrange. That with the smell of burning cheap lube and 50 year old chinse blood threw me back into a childlike joy of a kid with his cork rifle

We also shoot some old live teargas cans. Which was fun and surprisingly safe

Some of the Chinese imports to the U.S. were pretty funky, reliability wise.

There were three or four versions of "paratrooper SKS" I've seen, some that took AK mags, some had really short barrels and no bayonet, etc.

Some of the Chinese imports to the U.S. were pretty funky, reliability wise.

There were three or four versions of "paratrooper SKS" I've seen, some that took AK mags, some had really short barrels and no bayonet, etc.

I think stovepiping an SKS comes standard every time you fire one.

ya i firgured that, but then again, not bad for a 50 year old Chinese rifle at all

Helps that they are easy as balls to work around. Would be confident in East German, polish or Soviet one, i cant help it 

D9mHmtF.jpg

The real (NFA) versions are absurd fun.  I still preferred the APS though, and if there was any justice in this world someone would offer a semi only version in 9X18 and 9X19.

They're one of the few firearms whose guts interest me. I find the rate-reducer and extraction especially neat. If I owned one, I'd probably be tearing it apart all the time.

tumblr_o149fjxcyF1r9khx4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o149fjxcyF1r9khx4o6_1280.jpg

Devtac Japan

Although they look like airsoft masks, these are ballistic, bullet resistant helmets. They did post several videos of the mask stopping .357 Magnum rounds. The configurations vary and Devtac does makes several models, some with more exposed sections which I think are used for airsoft. The mask in the first photo will be at SHOT Show 2016; their Ronin Level IIIA. They don’t list a price point since everything is through their Facebook page for the time being but some comments have mentioned the Level IIIA is around $1,400. 

Pfft, Japan clearly ripping off of Taiwan's Level IIIA face masks and getting credit because it looks like some dumb shit out of anime, as opposed to the more utilitarian/serial killer inspired designs of the ROCA.

soldier1.jpg?itok=JadlzWY2

MTI4OTg3OTkyNzQ3NDQ3NTcw.jpg

Kimber apparently has a new revolver called the K6 in .357.  Didn't know if you wanted to see that.

Edit:  Hognose says it looks like a Manurhin design.

Yankee Marshal who creams his pants over any revolver is sorely disappointed.

Again, this isn't the 1930s and we don't need belly guns or something that gets put into a suit or coat pocket. So why have a revolver without a hammer?

It makes no sense.