Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

"The Taurus Judge -- the combo 45 Colt / 410 shotgun revolver -- has been selling well and is a common topic of conversation these days.

Wonder if there has been any law enforcement or military interest in such a gun ?

The 3-inch chambered one firing five 00 buck might be a interesting tool.

Know there is some video showing folks shooting car windows with one.

Has there been any chronograph reports and gelatin tests ?

As for innocent by-standers..."

.410 is perfectly fine for what it is designed for. And that's hunting dove and quail or small rabbits or squirrel so that you have enough meat left over when you kill or wound the critter.

A lot of great (great) grandparents would use old trapdoor Springfields for this purpose in leu of buying an actual shotgun.

And. Well...

That's the only purpose for it.

But .410 Fires not one big bullit, but several bug bullit!

Oh man, speaking of that, I wonder how many people would have a stroke if I told them my wife uses a FiveSeven Mk2 as a carry gun now because "SMALL BULLIT WONT STOP KHAT ADDLED SOMALIAN PERPETRATOR!"

This was linked earlier, but I've only just gotten around to watching it. Good lord the host is a goober, he looks like the villain from a 1960s episode of Sherlock Holmes.

He also suffers from "It's German, Therefore Everything About It Is Amazing". He describes the G.43 as having "no kick". Yeah, right.

Nice cameo of the SMG Guns repro, though. Those are cool damn rifles, wish I could afford one.

The Judge: Because sometimes you need more than a sweet Camaro to prove you're king of the trailer park.

The Judge: Every time one is sold, a displaced oilfield worker gets his wings (or the money for a delinquent jet ski payment).

The Judge: When marketing meets ignorance.

The Judge: Because Taurus unfortunately still exists.

That special is perhaps just worth watching. For the firearms nut, you might "learn" a thing or two (can't vouch for the veracity of some of the info, collectors are a queer lot).

I just... Wish there was something more to the commentary. Watching this makes me appreciate what Ian does, where he presents a firearm to you within its historical significance and context. With WH, it was like "Johnson LMG, nope, don't like it, moving on". There was no discussion of its influence and how it came to change firearms history (which it did in HUGE ways, moreso than the FG-42, perhaps).

The Johnson was also revolutionary in the art of making on the spot phallic references when speaking of your rifle, beat that FG-42!

Oh my god I have a story about that. I went to a gun show with a friend of mine, and some Johnson collectors were there, displaying like five Johnson rifles. I walked up and immediately lost it, excitedly practically shouting "holy crap, I've never seen so many Johnsons in one place." At which point they looked at me, burst into laughter, and then I went red in the face. I talked with them a short while, I think, and then walked away.

My memory's imperfect, and this was ages ago, but that's how I remember it.

This was linked earlier, but I've only just gotten around to watching it. Good lord the host is a goober, he looks like the villain from a 1960s episode of Sherlock Holmes.

He also suffers from "It's German, Therefore Everything About It Is Amazing". He describes the G.43 as having "no kick". Yeah, right.

Nice cameo of the SMG Guns repro, though. Those are cool damn rifles, wish I could afford one.

Oh my fucking God. Too much useless television production. I don't want to watch a close-in slow-mo shot of some "respected re-enactor" jamming a stogie in his mouth. No I don't want to watch you ride in a Kraut-wagon across Texas in order to get to the place with the random crap lying around made to look like a Sekrit Wehraboo Wank Base.

Rather than useless production, why don't you tell me something useful about the Kubelwagen if you must have the thing on screen. Is it two-wheel drive? Is it four-wheel drive? Maybe you can point out a situation where the bloody thing was actually superior to the Willys Jeep in that it got about twice the miles per gallon at 36 MPG with a road march ability of 285 miles on 8 gallons of gas as opposed to the Jeep which got around 20 mpg.

No, instead I had to Google an old 4-wheeler article.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/project-vehicles/129-1208-1944-pkw-type-82-kubelwagen/

Bailed at the 3:04 mark which just so happens to have a crotch shot.

I gotta say, the words of a fan are worth just about jack squat.

That's just how I see it, so... I dunno. Argue with me, or something?

Flashbacks to when we'd use each other's posts for semi-related rants and confused each other into getting into debates and posting more semi-related rants.

One of the local gun store owners loves talking about the M14 as "the best battle rifle ever created." If I were to say "Please stop calling them 'battle rifles', it just feeds into the mainstream media BS," how hard to you think he'd slap me? On the other hand, if I filmed it, would anyone pay me?

Custom build Saiga 12 installed in a Kushnapup bullpup chassis. Barrel has been shortened and a Tromix Monster Brake was permanently attached. The black multicam finish isn’t that bad of a choice and actually looks really good on the shotgun. However I think the seller is banking on a panic buyer to pick this one up since he’s asking $2,550 

tumblr_o06zs8EUJc1r9khx4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o06zs8EUJc1r9khx4o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o06zs8EUJc1r9khx4o2_1280.jpg