Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Just let me finish removing the magazine safety first.

FWIW:  I recommend only removing the magazine safety's spring, and then reinstalling the magazine safety.  Removing the entire safety assembly creates quite a bit of overtravel.  Don't worry about the despringed safety flopping around.  The tension of the trigger spring against the trigger lever will be enough to hold the safety in place.

Wow, it's like gazing in the abyss and, rather then gazing back at you, the abyss just suddenly vomits out shit in the form of 80 thousand things wrong all over your face then telling you to fuck yourself and your braincells.

Anybody know of a good aftermarket polymer stock for a No. 4? I bought this rifle to roll around in the mud with, and I'd rather keep the wood nice. The new stock has to work with irons.

Speaking of Meplat, I don't think there's a phrase that can trigger him more then one with "A Lee-Enfield variant" and "Polymer".

Speaking of Meplat, I don't think there's a phrase that can trigger him more then one with "A Lee-Enfield variant" and "Polymer".

In the service of keeping the original wood nice and shiny? I don't think he'll mind.

Although apparently there's nothing available. Fuck those ATI stocks. I thought about slapping a Boyd's on it but... Eh.

In the service of keeping the original wood nice and shiny? I don't think he'll mind.

Although apparently there's nothing available. Fuck those ATI stocks. I thought about slapping a Boyd's on it but... Eh.

I assume the wood stock that is on it is a pretty good grade?

If so, then why not just buy a shit-tastic surplus wood stock? 

FWIW:  I recommend only removing the magazine safety's spring, and then reinstalling the magazine safety.  Removing the entire safety assembly creates quite a bit of overtravel.  Don't worry about the despringed safety flopping around.  The tension of the trigger spring against the trigger lever will be enough to hold the safety in place.

On that note, any recommendations for a trigger kit that's in the "actually good" category?

I think I already have a new set of sights picked out.

This is the laziest SL8 conversion I have ever seen:

LoooSeR posted this a few pages back.

There would have to be a hell of a lot of plastic welding to make a convincing XM8.  The lower receiver was quite different than a G-36.

What I really want to know is whether those PCAPs are to spec or not.

Well, technically yes actually.

4cd82297fe8c1fd08c9f01085ca73892.png

55efea1294ae26f664b327f14b50e340.png

Joshua's screed there is positively common, though. 99% of people think energy and momentum are the same thing, and otherwise much of what he says is at least coherent; some of it is only a step or two removed from fact.

Meanwhile Dickhead von Pompous, esquire, there has created an entirely new branch of science where momentum has totally different qualities when it's in a "wound", whatever that's defined to be.

I don't have the time to do screen grabs but I like the guy in your .45 Luger carbine thread who said "If it was a true luger copy in 45 with detach mag, extra snell drum mag and it was reasonable priced for such a select firearm, I would be a buyer"

Reasonable price, huh? Yeah, I'm sure he'd trade in his Kel-Tec at once.

I don't have the time to do screen grabs but I like the guy in your .45 Luger carbine thread who said "If it was a true luger copy in 45 with detach mag, extra snell drum mag and it was reasonable priced for such a select firearm, I would be a buyer"

Reasonable price, huh? Yeah, I'm sure he'd trade in his Kel-Tec at once.

Is it too much to want to have my cake, eat it too, and get it for free?

Why can't the world just contort itself for my comfort?