Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Another pearl of wisdom from Nicholas C:

PMMB4kY.png

This dude is the fucking pinnacle of mallninjatude.

Patrick and I got trapped in a car with him one time and Patty's strategy was to pretend to sleep. I was in the front seat however where I got a lecture about how hunting is stupid and hunters deserve to be looked down upon by the true members of the gun community.

And some story about how he dressed up in LAPD SWAT gear with an airsoft gun and held a crackhead at gunpoint. I am not making this up. He actually said this.

Disassembly on this thing is little complex.

Yes, yes it is.  This brings back memories.

Sturgeon and I went to SHOT show once, and on the last day we decided to go to as many booths as possible and field-strip their rifles.  Not everyone liked this.  One big company kicked us out and told us to scram.  I won't name names.

The B&T MP9 at the DSA booth was the most singularly frustrating thing to get into and re-assemble.  I think the booth reps were laughing at us.

Patrick and I got trapped in a car with him one time and Patty's strategy was to pretend to sleep. I was in the front seat however where I got a lecture about how hunting is stupid and hunters deserve to be looked down upon by the true members of the gun community.

And some story about how he dressed up in LAPD SWAT gear with an airsoft gun and held a crackhead at gunpoint. I am not making this up. He actually said this.

Undeserving, thankless git. It was the hunting community in the 1990s that did all the heavy lifting fighting and winning gun control.

Undeserving, thankless git. It was the hunting community in the 1990s that did all the heavy lifting fighting and winning gun control.

Yep*, how quickly they forget...

*That was because in the 1990s, all we had was pretty much the hunting community plus some random militia weirdos and a handful of collectors.

I sincerely hope the crackhead beat the shit out of him when he found out he was a fraud, or ironically got him arrested for impersonating a police officer and holding someone against their will.

.....If he isn't making up a bunch of bullshit and that actually happened of course.

.....If he isn't making up a bunch of bullshit and that actually happened of course.

Of all the things that didn't happen, this one happened the least.

(Nicholas C is still a dipshit.)

Of all the things that didn't happen, this one happened the least.

(Nicholas C is still a dipshit.)

Yeah I don't believe it either, I mean there's like that 0.1% chance he's telling the truth, but impersonating a SWAT officer and holding someone at gunpoint for fun basically (even if it's just an airsoft gun) would account for so many felony charges I can't even fathom how he thinks bragging about doing that would be a good idea even in the very likely event he's lying (as in, easily mandatory double digit prison time.)

Or, if you tried that back in my old neighborhood in Detroit against some random "crackhead" chances are you'd get stabbed or shot to death in like 2 seconds from either him or someone in the neighborhood watching it.

What a stupid piece of shit.

Oh, and the best part? chances are if he did get killed pulling such a stunt, the "lowlife criminals" he was harassing for no reason would likely be able to get off on either a self defense or duress case, seeing as how the person attacking him isn't a real police officer but merely using the guise of one to do..... whatever the fuck he wanted to do at gunpoint to take advantage of the situation. (which can be argued in court that, It would basically be impossible to tell in such a high pressure situation whether or not it's a real gun, which actually does have many precedents.)

Sturgeon, I will eagerly await your TFB post on external ballistics.

Incidentally, I will also eagerly await the morons on TFB that need to be smacked in the face for pretending to know external ballistics.

But why would you want to read anything on ballistics written by someone who can't even tell the difference between internal and terminal ballistics!?

This No. 4 and I will get along really well, I think:

sRnfgrV.jpg

PQtpf5v.jpg

25 yards with Greek HXP ammo. I would measure the group only horizontally, as all groups I shot today strung vertically due to the sights (the front sight protectors make it easy to control horizontal dispersion, but do nothing for vertical error). As you can see, I got it under control for these shots, but the horizontal measure of these two groups is more representative of the natural dispersion of this gun-ammo combination.

I only shot three groups today, so this is very encouraging.

Can't you just have someone toss you an 8lb bowling ball which would have about the same, but probably more, momentum as a .556?

Some of my commenters were contesting that it was the momentum acting on the smaller frontal area of the bullet that was causing lethality. 

Some of my commenters were contesting that it was the momentum acting on the smaller frontal area of the bullet that was causing lethality. 

Clearly, the future of weapons is particle accelerators shooting single atoms at LUDICROUS SPEED.

Edit: actually electrons are smaller, use them instead.