Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2016 Presidential Election Thread Archive

Tied

It's the goofiest thing because I remember Trump being anti-Iraq 10 years ago. It's like people have the memory of a goldfish.

Sure there was that one Howard Stern "interview" in 2002. But it's been common knowledge that Trump was anti-Iraq and he was beat up for it in the Bush Administration.

Ten years ago everyone was against the war in Iraq.  The fact of the matter is that no one can produce evidence that Trump was opposed to the war before it started.  I was, and I would probably have noticed if Trump had been speaking out against it.  For him to say he was against it after it started makes him no better than John Kerry, the "Flip flopper."  

Also, I would not take Sean Hannity's word on anything.  Ever.  

Ten years ago everyone was against the war in Iraq.  The fact of the matter is that no one can produce evidence that Trump was opposed to the war before it started.  I was, and I would probably have noticed if Trump had been speaking out against it.  For him to say he was against it after it started makes him no better than John Kerry, the "Flip flopper."  

Also, I would not take Sean Hannity's word on anything.  Ever.  

Oh shit. I guess it's been 13 or 14 years, hasn't it? 

Fuck.

I'm old. 

The big 4-Oh is coming for me in less than 2 months.

Yeah, I also think I may have misremembered him being a lot more assertive about things that were outside his area of expertise.

See, I don't actually give a shit about the facts of this or any other election. I opted out of the American political process years ago, as a conscientious objector.

So I am just in it for the lulz. :)

Adam Kokesh (nearly) rescinds endorsement of Gary Johnson:

Kokesh is principled just about to the point of lunacy, and I think he is the most inspiring speaker I've ever had the pleasure of hearing in person. But, I was young and impressionable then, so maybe that's just how I remember it.

In the video he says he was a John McAfee supporter, so that gives you some idea of just what kind of fearless person he really is, hahah. He says he's thinking of running in 2020... Hell, I hope he does run, and I hope he wins (he won't), because watching Kokesh deal with presidential handlers and entrenched bureaucrats in Washington would be some sitcom-grade entertainment.

Can we send Hlaudi your way? I think he's got what it takes to make a run at president of the USA:

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2016-09-27-out-hlaudi-proud-i-perform-miracles-wherever-i-am/

Also, it's really sad when a writer has to introduce his piece by saying "I'm no {NAME OF INFINITELY BETTER WRITER}, but let me give my take on this topic".

Our base choices are a fucking circus peanut, and the wicked witch of the west.

One will give you cavities, and make you feel sick.

One will try to kill your dog and employs a hoarde of flying monkeys.

Choose carefully/.