Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Terror Attacks and Active Shooter Events Thread

Donward

27 minutes ago, Legiondude said:

11 dead, 23 injured

Guy was using a Glock 21 with an extended magazine, illegal for holding ammunition beyond the California set 10 round limit.

Clearly this means that we need a nation wide ban on high capacity magazines. That will stop these mass shootings for sure. After all, when the magazine is empty you have to throw them away, right? I leaned that from one of my state representatives.

But I'm all seriousness, that is the argument of the anti gun crowd. They need to outlaw things they don't like outside of their jurisdiction because people can illegally bring them into their jurisdiction. Montana shouldn't have high capacity magazines because they can illegally end up in L.A. Besides, we all know that those toothless redneck rural bumkins are worthless filth compared to the erudite and a sophisticated metropolis dwelling master race, so they shouldn't even have rights anyways. That makes it OK for the large urban areas to dictate how people hundreds of miles away can live.

These are the same morons who say that we need to abolish the Senate because it's not fair that 45 million votes have greater representation that 55 million voters. THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE SENATE YOU INBRED FLIPPER HANDED DING DONGS!

7 minutes ago, Bronezhilet said:

I find it interesting that a lot of people, especially in the EU, seem to forget/ignore just how gigantic the USA actually is. For me a one hour drive is a long drive because that means I'm either halfway across the country, or I've driven into Germany.

Yes that's something that continually frustrates me, along with the number of people in the US who have no concept of the vastness of the rest of the country, either.

23 minutes ago, Bronezhilet said:

I find it interesting that a lot of people, especially in the EU, seem to forget/ignore just how gigantic the USA actually is. For me a one hour drive is a long drive because that means I'm either halfway across the country, or I've driven into Germany.

19 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

Yes that's something that continually frustrates me, along with the number of people in the US who have no concept of the vastness of the rest of the country, either.

Especially out here in the west. It's over a one hour drive to the state capitol, and I'm really close to it compared to other parts of the state.

It's a coastal issue where all the major urban centers are, especially on the east coast where you can drive for an hour and get to a different state.

I guess it doesn't seem that odd to me, but I've driven to and through a fair number of states on road trips growing up, and I've worked as a driver before hauling supplies around Colorado, Nebraska, and Wyoming. While the country is really large, you can cover a fair amount of it if you really want to in a day. It was about a 26 hour drive from Rochester NY back to Colorado, and we did it practically nonstop. If you push it a little bit, you can get from Seattle to Miami in 48 hours. (Probably shave a couple hours off if you push the speed limit a bit.) Granted, that's assuming you have someone to trade off with, or some amphetamines.

2 hours ago, Bronezhilet said:

If I drive for 26 hours I've driven to Italy...

...and back.

Or I've ended up in in St. Petersburg.

lol, 2 days to get to my relatives who live near Armavir (not that far from Sochi) on a train. Or whole week on a train to get to East coast of Russia.

Anyway, speaking about shootings, a guy in Kerch who used a shotgun and homemade bombs was apparently cosplaying specific American mass shooters (Columbine mass shooting).

5bc74df1dda4c81d688b4577.jpg

10 hours ago, Bronezhilet said:

Please, for us Rhode Islanders a 30 minute drive is a long drive.

13 hours ago, Bronezhilet said:

I've got a friend who lives northeast of Houston and was telling me on a call this past September that it took almost a 6 hour drive to reach Oklahoma

Here in Norway everything is slow as hell outside the capitol. 

In my region, the highest road standard is "motor traffic road" which is a two lane road separated in the middle by a barrier, with sometimes a bypass/hill clime lane. 

The highest speed limit is 80km/h, but usually 70km/h. 

Only around the capitol do we have freeways with a incredible 110km/h speed limit!

Still the easterners complain about their four lane, 110km/h excellently maintained roads with excellent bus and train coverage is not good enough. 

Meanwhile, where I live, out main artery is a two-lane 70km/h speed limit road, which alternates sometimes to 50km/h, with traffic jams running through the municipalities in the area. 

I can physically feel when I drive into Norway, from Europe, and then again, when I enter my district. 

It takes 41 hours (3000km) to drive North to south in Norway, from kirkenes to Stavanger, unless cutting through Sweden. 

Today, 29.11 at the address: Gagarin, 75 at about 6:10 pm, two officers arrived at the call (the seller in the store pressed the alarm button). Seeing a suspicious man, they demanded that he stop, to which he reacted inadequately.
- He shot the 1st employee, the 2nd shot in response, but he was also injured.
- As a result of the incident, the attacker was shot with a Kedr weapon on the spot, 2 employees were injured, one in serious condition.

235riv4_dpg.jpg

Spoiler

KmbkpmoacIk.jpg

RG2HLhCNlFE.jpg

D8S5rI1m4ps.jpg

Bny_wrB1x3o.jpg

and thats not all. In KBR - FSB stopped a car with automatic fire.

C1LFuXGoMFE.jpg

Spoiler

b523bxzO76Y.jpg

On 11/8/2018 at 11:43 PM, Bronezhilet said:

Late to comment, but one Big Sandy at a post shoot campfire, we had a trio of very nice Brit shooters announce that "Oh after this we are going to spend tomorrow driving through Texas. (From basically Kingman, Arizona).

Yeah, there was a moment of silence.

"Y'all are not serious, Raight?"  (Asked the obvious Texan).

They were.

They thought they could leave the shoot, drive through 2/3 of Arizona, all of New Mexico, and sightsee Texas, In a day.

It actually took a couple hours to convince them that "No we are not fucking with you, unless you magically rent a B57, and say "fuck the fuel" ,it ain't happening".

• 2 weeks later...

In Dagestan, one of the last militants hiding was killed

During the ambush actions in Dagestan, the FSB officers destroyed one of the last surviving, but still hiding, militants from the so-called "Endirean gang". Alinchiev Marat, an active member of the gangs, marched along a country road to find food and a place to warm up, was overtaken on the way to the village of Endirey at approximately 21.00 Moscow time. In response to the proposal to lay down his arms and surrender, Alinchiev opened fire and tried to flee into the darkness, but was shot down in his seat place and was finished in order to avoid the spread of infection.

FxftK96VRhU.jpg

Spoiler

at1_VNDpMx8.jpg

09XxpqvK8Gw.jpg

2XvM0rmWr-Q.jpg

lxYV-g6QMjs.jpg

WKW5ONlixJ8.jpg

Pk6d3uVfSWE.jpg

55W_9iNmaPs.jpg

aNvTvXKz07c.jpg

NSFW

Spoiler