Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

On 10/27/2018 at 4:59 PM, Molota_477 said:

Yes, I do know these diagrams just simply illustrate some concepts, each color block just stands for an armor type which may have more complex details in real design. 

I am very curious about the sequence of these armor material inserts, especailly the DU package in example 5 was place in the front as a face plate which I suppose it won't offer so much protection from shape charge or KE round in such small oblique, but there is little open research related to the ballistic performance of DU plates, so maybe it is a possible solution.

The Brits designed a type of DU armor, where thin depleted uranium plates were used in combation with an interlayer material and probably would have acted as a form of NERA. However the illustration from the French author also makes a lot of sense, because the frontal plate could act as a disruptor, i.e. the high-density in combination with sufficient thickness and hardness might be able to break/shatter incoming penetrators before they hit the NERA, thus enhancing protection performance.

APFSDS ammo in general performs worse against unsloped armor, but a slanted plate would increase the probability of penetrator fragments becoming disaligned from the original path of impact. Most likely the straight turret armor face with the DU plate is just a simplification.

11 hours ago, SH_MM said:

The Brits designed a type of DU armor, where thin depleted uranium plates were used in combation with an interlayer material and probably would have acted as a form of NERA.

Hi, Yes, I know this patent, and it makes sense that DU material is very likely used in NERA as sandwich's back plate, because its high flow strength.

Hi,

005ZTVhpgy1fx3eoq4d8cj30go0cegmb.jpg

Do you guys who know what's this equipment mounted on the MSC's turret?

There is someone claims that it was a surveillance radar and likely the same device also had been mounted on a Leclerc prototype ,  I would like to ask that if it is ture and is there any material related to such devices? 

6 hours ago, Molota_477 said:

Hi,

There is someone claims that it was a surveillance radar and likely the same device also had been mounted on a Leclerc prototype ,  I would like to ask that if it is ture and is there any material related to such devices? 

White parts are measuring instruments. Green parts are from the Leclerc demonstrator. But, there is no radar and I never heard about any radar test for this MBT.  

16 hours ago, Molota_477 said:

Hi,

While there is no radar on this photography, the MSC used to carry a ballistic radar to collect data.

45838342_10156716585228187_7447681519868

Never heard or seen anything like this on the prototypes or the first batches...

1 hour ago, Molota_477 said:

Thanks, so it just a rumor.

Well, I never heard of it.
This doesn't mean that it never happenned. It could have happenned in punctual manner to validate or gather additionnal data...
There is A LOT of things that the constructor (or the DGA!) experimented that has not been revealed to the public.

46282578_1139500336205303_2074681873568646471878_1139501659538504_8416177824569746495871_1139502339538436_72744826601000

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Museeblindes/posts/

46349040_1139433749545295_80271780839056

Two weird EPC concept models from Saumur museum. I suppose that the 1st model with top-mounted gun is likely a solf-recoil gun.

Obviously they are different from the schemes described in Marc's book, in which all have six roadwheels.

46485459_793707897638904_729377626737396

46485446_793708077638886_303362952537309

9 minutes ago, Serge said:

No. They won’t. 

Politician evacuated there family from Paris yesterday, so they won’t. 

They well know all of them voted taxes expense years after years. So they will stay calme.  

That would be underestimating the tendency of the far left and far right to encourage those kind of violent protest to try to get some political credit from it.

The extremes can't articulate even slightly complex ideas. They always resort to a nebulous "them" against "us" fuelling the fire while trying to control its' general direction.

• 3 weeks later...