Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

5 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

@N-L-M

Can you tell me on which side of turret co-axial MG is mounted? There are 2 cuts in frontal armor on both sides

MG is on left, where the loader can reach and maintain it. The cut on the right is for a gunner's secondary sight- a simple coaxial telescope with a graduated reticle for AP, HE and coax,  and a stadiametric rangefinder.

2 minutes ago, N-L-M said:

MG is on left, where the loader can reach and maintain it. The cut on the right is for a gunner's secondary sight- a simple coaxial telescope with a graduated reticle for AP, HE and coax,  and a stadiametric rangefinder.

Ok, thanks.

Seeing as things were a bit unclear, I took a few sections to clear things up a bit.
4kP9hwY.png
In this section, we see the Norman with the side turret and hull removed. The driver's position is clear, as are those of the rest of the crew. The turret compartment aft of the commander is the separated hydraulic compartment.
Also notable- bow fuel tank, engine bay size (hump is 200mm taller and compartment is 200mm longer than that of the T-55), and engine bay firewall.

S2Zl9Pi.png
In this section, we see the separated hull and turret stowage, and the loader's workspace. The hull floor is 30mm thick at the front, and around the front edge of the turret basket drops down to 20mm.  The turret is equipped with blowout panels above the ammo rack, and the hull has panels above and below the rack.

0eew6tq.png
A section further inboard, through the ammo racks (and the dummy rounds within). The loader and coax are visible.

DlPU0wi.png
The other side of the last section, showing the other 3 crewmembers are visible. The gunner and commander seats are a bit high and should be lowered a bit, but there is plenty of space for all crewmembers. The gap between the turret ammo rack and hydraulics compartment, in which the AC system [not modelled] is fitted, is visible.

3T8B4sx.png
And this horizontal section shows the general crew layout (only chopping them up a bit), the armored sponson boxes, and the hull ammo rack.

I hope that helps clear a few things up.

So far i picked my "Top 3" lists of designs for a 45 t and for 25 t tanks, suggested what submissions should be dropped out of competition. Because of time zone differences and all this "life" thing, it may take a little more for judges to finalize things. But we are almost at a finishing line.

1 hour ago, LostCosmonaut said:

One winner for each category was my intent.

Yeah, i think this make more sense than trying to judge 3+ submissions with 2+ tanks proposed in each against each other with 2 sets of requirements. 

I finally proposed my choices for The Glorious Tank Autist of SH of 45t category and Supreme Warrior of Napkinpanzers of 25t tank design. I hope we will get results soon. 

Let me say, this has been a scandal-ridden procurement program!  There have been safety problems, gross violations of the required stats,  and rumors of bribery! Also, the "marketing proposals" were disappointing, and the synthetic refreshments at the conference were very low energy and the three-breasted "hosts", were possibly disease-ridden and confirmed radioactive!  AND someone may have leaked this info to the crazies in California, and they may be coming up with some insane super tank!

The world has gone MAD!

56 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Let me say, this has been a scandal-ridden procurement program!  There have been safety problems, gross violations of the required stats,  and rumors of bribery! Also, the "marketing proposals" were disappointing, and the synthetic refreshments at the conference were very low energy and the three-breasted "hosts", were possibly disease-ridden and confirmed radioactive!  AND someone may have leaked this info to the crazies in California, and they may be coming up with some insane super tank!

The world has gone MAD!

But all the best three-breasted hookers are ghouls...

So update, certain key officials have gone missing. We are not sure if they have been kidnapped, and or if it was the California Crazies, or desert cultists, or corporate shenanigans.  No body has been found at this time. We will keep you posted. 

FAX# 555-LUV-3TIT with any info on officials.