Sturgeon's House
Belesarius

Bash the F-35 thred.

What a strange predicament they find themselves in. Wonder if their hand was forced by the whole hot as hades aspect of the F-35's exhaust. Overall it's probably well worth doing.

Still maintain ski jumps are for second class carriers and paying money on the carrier deck is well worth not paying in capability in the air.

And it's on Gizmodo!

EDIT: I love how that article acknowledges that the X-32 was a much worse bird, and that Boeing's was a much weaker proposal, but then goes right into AND WE'LL NEVER KNOW HOW THE X-32 COULD HAVE MADE THINGS BETTER, WHO KNOWS, MAYBE THEY'D ALREADY BE IN SERVICE.

And it's on Gizmodo!

EDIT: I love how that article acknowledges that the X-32 was a much worse bird, and that Boeing's was a much weaker proposal, but then goes right into AND WE'LL NEVER KNOW HOW THE X-32 COULD HAVE MADE THINGS BETTER, WHO KNOWS, MAYBE THEY'D ALREADY BE IN SERVICE.

Im telling you guys -hic- the M-48A5 is really the last modern main battle tank we need, look at much fuel Abrams consumes 

S8x6Pwn.jpg

I'm in Anchorage for a week and it is a pleasure to see the F-22s at Elmendorf flying around the city.

Since I don't see a F-22 thread and since I don't want to start one myself for this one-off sentence. 

That is all.

Synthesized audio, but still a decent overview:

The third video seems to recapitulate our arguments regarding the end of the manoeuvre fighter in favour of the long range stealth boat. Somehow the authors never make the leap.

Edit: I also approve of the background music.