Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

Watching the Cruz vs Sanders debate.

Salon owner: I would really like to expand my business and hire more people but I can't because I can't afford healthcare for my workers and I.

Bernie: You should provide insurance for you and your workers

Salon owner: With the rising costs of Obamacare, I can't afford it

Bernie: You should provide insurance for your workers.

Salon owner: How do I do that with an already thin profit margin?

Bernie: BUY INSURANCE FOR YOUR WORKERS

Fucking Bernie does he even fucking think before he speaks?

11 minutes ago, ShamefurDispray said:

Salon owner: I would really like to expand my business and hire more people but I can't because I can't afford healthcare for my workers and I.

He was the Chosen One, obviously. The Internet told me so.

3 hours ago, ShamefurDispray said:

No a single thought about where the money is going to come from, just that it has to be done.

53 minutes ago, Ramlaen said:

No a single thought about where the money is going to come from, just that it has to be done.

The full thing with the hair salon lady is even dumber.

Bernie Sanders says he hates the big corporations but dumb regulations like that hurt the small businesses, driving them out of business while the large corporations that can absorb the additional costs would have a major competitive advantage.

You see the same things in Canada with mobile carriers. Smaller companies can't compete due to the extreme regulations, leaving a cartel of mobile carriers that fix the price together.

With what he has done, I think that Bernie is actually working for the large corporations against the smaller corporations by making the smaller ones impossible to compete; especially with all the houses he got from (((donations)))

43 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

I love the quoted Tweet from Snowden.

"Finally: irrefutable evidence that I never cooperated with Russian intel. No country trades away spies, as the rest would fear they're next."

Yeah. This guy really doesn't get it. Countries trade away spies all the time.

1 hour ago, Donward said:

I love the quoted Tweet from Snowden.

"Finally: irrefutable evidence that I never cooperated with Russian intel. No country trades away spies, as the rest would fear they're next."

Yeah. This guy really doesn't get it. Countries trade away spies all the time.

Ergo: "You can't trade me, I'm a spy".

That's a very smart thing to say.

Oh my god, let's break this shit down ("unpack it" as the author would probably say). This won't even be hard, normal rules of 'ten pounds of truth to every pound of bullshit' don't apply to a soup this weak. Here are his 10 reasons she "must" be running in 2020.

Scaling down the CGI

I have no idea what Matt Whatshisface's politics look like, but this right here tells me he voted "with her". Or at least was sympathetic.

OK, how dense can you be? The CGI isn't winding down to give Hillary a leg up in 2020 (even if she did run, it would be an "out out damn spot!" situation), it's winding down because it was an obvious laundering scheme for dirty money. It's so obvious that there are lines in the first season of House of Cards that describe something exactly like it. I realize it's been in fashion for liberals to be hilariously naive about the Clintons since about June, but COME ON. It's obvious that the CGI has lost its usefulness, and that's why it's being "scaled back".

Rumors that she would run for mayor

It's called "denial".

Book deal

Why would someone like Hillary want to publish another book? Because Hillary is the kind of someone who needs to be in the spotlight all the time. It's obvious the woman has as black a character as I've ever seen. She is an attention whore, along with a whole long list of other crimes against good character that she embodies.

"Trolled" Trump

It's funny, when Trump does it, you call it juvenile and evidence of insanity. When Hillary does it, you see 2020 candidate material.

Concession speech

He's right, Hillary didn't sound like someone who is ready to go gently into that good night (HURR DURR I LIKE CHRISTOPHER NOLAN FILMS DEY R SO SMART). That is because she isn't even remotely the kind of person who could recognize a situation where she should give up. It's her singular virtue. Even Trump could see it!

(BTW, this video is all the proof you need that, between the two, Trump is more suitable to be President. While Hillary dodges the question by complimenting Trump's family, Trump directly compliments his enemy.)

She's younger than Trump

So? Trump is obviously healthier and more vigorous. 2016 demonstrated that. In 2020, Trump will be long in the tooth, but Hillary will, if she's lucky, have only one foot in the grave.

She lost twice already

What fucking planet do you come from. Yes, Reagan lost twice and won a third time. Reagan was an exception, and Clinton is about the furthest thing from Reagan!

Gore 2004

His point here is that Al Gore didn't run in 2004, so Hillary should run in 2020, because Democrats regret losing in 2004. Well, uh, too bad?

Mitt Romney didn't run in 2016

Um. Yeah. Maybe someone should keep this guy away from paste.

What else is there for her to do?

He saved the best for last. No, really, this is literally the only thing he says regarding Hillary's chances of running in 2020 that makes any sense. Hillary needed to win in 2016. She absolutely needed to, on a fundamental, personal level. What else is there for her to do?

When I have a chance this week, I'll do a pretty thorough rundown of the "bench" for the Democratic Party. Hint. It ain't pretty.

There are exactly 16 Democrat governors (plus 1 Independent). And 46 Senators (plus 2 Independents). And many of those are in Red states and are facing re-election in 2018.

Between Trump and the Clinton machine and the failure of the Obama Administration, an entire generation of Democratic politicians has been snuffed out.

Who are they going to run in 2020? Elizabeth Warren? Andrew Cuomo? Governor Moonbeam Brown of California?

4 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

Yup. thisiswhytrumpwon.jpg

I mean holy shit.

I'll admit, I forget exactly what the color codes are for this sort of work. Red is power. Blue is water. Orange is *does exactly 20 seconds of Googling* Orange means that there are telecommunication lines or conduit down below that concrete.

I know Silverman's schtick is to be an obnoxious cunt who is both stupid and morally debased. I'd be half tempted to say she did this on purpose were it not for the fact that she has a room temperature IQ and is intellectually incapable of doing so.