Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

19 minutes ago, Ramlaen said:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, WHY ARE SUCH CLUELESS PEOPLE ALLOWED POWER!

With Trump, aren't we supposed to complain about him killing children in Yemen, not Allepo?  I thought the former is what we had people protesting over now (which I find odd, considering all the innocents that died when Obama was in office yet only now do #BrownLivesMatter).

I love the overreaction of the Left and the Media when they clutch their pearls over the fact that Trump is unafraid to criticize a judge or a company or a politician.

Hello? It's called the Bully Pulpit. That's what Presidents have been doing since at least the time of Theodore Roosevelt.

22 minutes ago, Belesarius said:

I'm not exactly surprised by declining sales of her brand at Nordstrom's and I'm hardly surprised at Trump calling them out for it. If you piss enough people off, your family will pay for it economically. People will express their opinions with their wallets.

Exactly. Which is why I completely discounted the conspiracy theory nonsense pushed by the Left and the likes of Glenn Beck that Trump was running for President in order to make money for himself or his family.

Excuse me? It's not the Deplorables from the Rust Belt, the Midwest and trailer parks of the South which are forking over hundreds to thousands of dollars to stay at Trump Hotels and to play golf at Trump-owned resorts. It is - or was - rich celebrities and Wall Street types and trust fund kids and rich liberals.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump is the first President since - I don't know, Harry Truman? - who will leave the White House poorer than when he took office. 

I'm hearing 2nd hand that the mail in congresscritters offices is at ridiculous levels. Nothing citeable yet, but I'm hearing that they can't get to voicemails because the phones never stop ringing either.

Oh well, maybe it will provided a nice revenue boost to USPS.