Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

In the end I think it's just going to come down to personal preference.

Also, wot forums are also terrible.

True, but no moderator on the wot forums offered to play a nazi for me in a PM.  And as bad as the WOT forums are, they are much better than the WT forums, at least most of the hardcore Nazi apologists have moved on.

But yeah, personal pref is true.  

TLDNR, and no wall of text is going to convince me a gaijin game run by idiots is good. Their forum is filled with disgusting Nazis, and their moderators act like them. No thanks. 

Their moderators ARE actual Na-zee scum. Or at least the one(s) were from fucking Austria with SS anime shit over his avatar who moderated me the last time I posted at their shithole of a forum for pointing out that Panthers were built by slave labor ie human beings who were starved, beaten, raped, denied medical treatment and were eventually left to die or were executed.

I've pointed out earlier why the game is a bucket of stale suck. Maybe it has changed. But I won't go back.

Their moderators ARE actual Na-zee scum. Or at least the one(s) were from fucking Austria with SS anime shit over his avatar who moderated me the last time I posted at their shithole of a forum for pointing out that Panthers were built by slave labor ie human beings who were starved, beaten, raped, denied medical treatment and were eventually left to die or were executed.

I've pointed out earlier why the game is a bucket of stale suck. Maybe it has changed. But I won't go back.

More people keep having to come over from the RU community (besides yours truly) to bail everyone out 

Kind of like how world war 2 actually happened

More people keep having to come over from the RU community (besides yours truly) to bail everyone out 

Kind of like how world war 2 actually happened

So you're saying that first you have been supplying Gaijin with shipments of grain and raw materials while establishing spheres of political influence and the guarantee of non-belligerence should either party be attacked?

now, that ive gotten passed the point in my life where i really care about the naucnes of how things work and whats right and wrong in the world, its pretty much down to enjoyment for video games

Like, im going to by the new battlefront. I know its not with the asking price, i know im just feeding a beast that cuts content to wrap and sell as DLC, i know im buying into something that was crafted with alot less care for the consumer and pride than say the witcher or GTA 5

But i dont care, i have fun with the game, im a star wars nerd, and i like multiplayer

Sure WT is more shaddy than wot, sure the devs arent compedent, sure the decisions made are spinless 

But until they impact my ablity to have fun with the game (like the reason i stopped playing ground forces because of zoom nerfs) im going to carry on, because im having fun 

and that really is what matters to me

For example, anyone who is friends with me on steam knows i probably am in the top 30 globally in terms of wargame logged hours, and even though the decisions made for "balanse" by the devs go against everything i stand for and even speak from experience being a pig's testical from world war 3, i still have fun with the game

it provides a unique experience i cant get anywhere else

So you're saying that first you have been supplying Gaijin with shipments of grain and raw materials while establishing spheres of political influence and the guarantee of non-belligerence should either party be attacked?

bingo

Words/Wall Of Text-

"I will note that I only started playing WT at some point after 1.37 so however it used to be has no bearing on my perceptions, I only go by a comparison between it and WoT."

I only started playing WT at some point after 1.37.

So your total WT experience has been post "the great fuckery".. Well I'm sure if you pay attention from now on, you'll reach a point where you wonder just what the fuck Gaijin is smoking.

ETA- I should be clear- I am supposedly listed in Warthunder's credits.  I will not give the name, as well, Fuck you, that's why.

This relates as post 1.37 I basically wrote a long "go fuck yourself" letter, and was fully embraced WoWp, and WoT.  Just because I was working on tanks, and Bourbon.

Anyhow, I got a call from a nephew who WAS into WT and found my name. (Apparently you get gelt for watching the credits), and he'd found my name.

To be honest, I'm (was) one of two "media contacts" for the Big Sandy MG shoot (and pre that), and I've done loads of "Stand here and shoot this" work for dozens(+) of games and movies, simply because I'm completely familiar with 99.99% of what you'll see in a game, and I'm "Media staff".. The guy I dealt with was a former Fox technician (I forget what it was he did, but Rob KNOWS his shit).

So, Chances are, any utter bullshit you see with the M18, M5 or M3 in Warchunder, is an almost direct result of my influence.

My bad. They did buy the ammo and beer. (usually)

"I will note that I only started playing WT at some point after 1.37 so however it used to be has no bearing on my perceptions, I only go by a comparison between it and WoT."

I only started playing WT at some point after 1.37.

So your total WT experience has been post "the great fuckery".. Well I'm sure if you pay attention from now on, you'll reach a point where you wonder just what the fuck Gaijin is smoking.

I am well aware that Gaijin have and are making a ton of bad decisions and do periodically break things. For instance my beloved IL-2M Avenger has broken rockets for several months now because nobody bothered to report it, which I did recently. Thier BR rating changes for the upper end of tanks was utterly nonsensical, but fortunately the 6.3BR and below meat of the game is still great to play.

None the less, the sum total of their bad decisions still leaves the game being more fun to me in the way that I play it compared to WoT, which is just simply not fun for me any more at all.

Your posting about it strikes me as being mostly ~bittervetism~.

It's not entirely unjustified, I was highly enthusiastic for the game when it came out, even though i suck in planes

Gaijin just doesn't really know what to do with the game. They're really lucky that the base game is still good enough that even after all their awful decisions over the years, the game is still able to survive

I am well aware that Gaijin have and are making a ton of bad decisions and do periodically break things. For instance my beloved IL-2M Avenger has broken rockets for several months now because nobody bothered to report it, which I did recently. Thier BR rating changes for the upper end of tanks was utterly nonsensical, but fortunately the 6.3BR and below meat of the game is still great to play.

None the less, the sum total of their bad decisions still leaves the game being more fun to me in the way that I play it compared to WoT, which is just simply not fun for me any more at all.

You'll be in the "bittervetism" pool eventually.

I'll have a Vodka martini ready.

In the comments of Yuri Pasholok's new E-100 article.

72995_900.jpg

Some pony idiot: "So the snails' [Gaijin] E-100, or rather its turret, is not okay and not historical?"

Pasholok: "Their historical consultant is an idiot who has not read Jentz and Doyle."

They have a historical consultant!?

I thought they cut a chickens head off and see what history channel DVD the body carries itself to