Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

The fact that they are exclusively premium tanks is not a good thing

Yes it is, It meana that not every useless shitler will be deadweight on thier team in a limited use vehicle. Why did gaijin add such a crappy type of vehicle? Well after the Calliope (which is cool and good) idiots clamored for their own nation to get rocket vehicles.

And as Tied says, if they didn't test drive before buying, lmao.

You know what I like? The average winrate of The Clan of the Comieboo. 

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000022609/players#players&offset=0&limit=25&order=-role&timeframe=all&battle_type=default

53.75 percent. 

I know we're not Unicum purple statpadding autists with no life who 3-man platoon all day in OP tanks in between rubbing one out over My Little Pony pron. But for average guys, with average lives, it looks like we have learned the sekrit skills of waiting until the circle gets small before clicking, getting behind cover when spotted and angling or hull downing when needed.

Yes it is, It meana that not every useless shitler will be deadweight on thier team in a limited use vehicle. Why did gaijin add such a crappy type of vehicle? Well after the Calliope (which is cool and good) idiots clamored for their own nation to get rocket vehicles.

And as Tied says, if they didn't test drive before buying, lmao.

Why should a whole class of vehicle be behind a paywall? These aren't like obscure vehicles or prototypes, but vehicles that saw fairly extensive use in the war.

Putting them there because they suck just means that Gaijin sucks at balancing the game.

Wrong question, it should be "Do I want to be constantly worrying about inauthentically accurate artillery all match?" and the answer is "no."

I like the fact that the rocket tanks, while present, are also quite rare. Otherwise if they were not, half of the USA teams would be Calliopes and that would get super annoying for both sides really fast. The paywall allows for the developer to monetize a portion of the game content that is also not a major part of the game. It isn't like they are putting all heavy tanks behind a paywall, for example.

This means the rocket tanks are a useful thing for the developer (money!) but also doesn't annoy the regulars.

Why should a whole class of vehicle be behind a paywall? These aren't like obscure vehicles or prototypes, but vehicles that saw fairly extensive use in the war.

Putting them there because they suck just means that Gaijin sucks at balancing the game.

No, their behind a paywall because they are borderline useless against any tank in the game. But most players are too stupid to relise that, so you would have lobbies were half of your team spent their short and calamitous career grinding up to rocket tanks that are useless, and only get kills in situations where the enemy was so exposed that they would of better off just shooting them with normal armaments

and then you have people bitching on forums that their rocket tanks cant kill tanks as fast as a T-34, and so they are etheir buffed to the point where everyone has to have one, and this becomes Rocket Thunder, or they are useless and alot of people spend good amounts of time unlocking something that is mesriable to play under ideal conditions

Solution: put it behind a paywall, and let the suckers and youtubers be seperated from their parents money 

Ulric and I were talking WOT a few nights ago, and I worked out an equation for comparing qualitatively dissimilar penetration.

Let's say, for instance, we want to know which has the worse gold round, the IS-7 or the Type 5.  That's 282 AP vs 303 APCR.

Simply put (282cos(x-5))/((303cos(x-2)) into your trusty TI-83, make sure it's set to degrees, set the Y range to .75-1.25, the X range to 0-80 and put in a second function of x=1.

The first curve will be a ratio of the penetration of the Type 5's gold round to the IS-7's.  The second function will be a straight line at X=1, so where the the curve sits below the line, the Type 5's gun has less penetration, and where the curve is over the line it's better.

As it turns out, the curve starts below the line and crosses over at about 57 degrees.

I think a very good case can be made that the Type 5's gold pen is better than the IS-7's.  A sixty degree glacis is standard, even passe at tier 10, so against hull armor the type 5's gold ammo will have the advantage.  Against flat armor you're either shooting the side of a tank, in which case either round will penetrate, or you're shooting the turret front of an E-100, in which case, again, either round will penetrate.  Against steeper slopes the advantage just gets greater for the Type 5.  At the autobounce angle of 70 degrees, the Type 5's round enjoys a 5% penetration advantage over the IS-7's.

IS-7's APCR is simply worse compared to standard tier X heavy tank HEAT.  303 APCR pen has less penetration against all angles under 70 degrees.  Apart from slightly less vulnerability to getting gobbled by tracks or spaced armor, IS-7 has the worst gold round of any heavy tank.

Soviet tier X mediums have a slightly worse gold round than IS-7 between about 58 and 70 degrees, and the new Czech tank has a worse gold round between about 35 degrees and 70 degrees.

Best gold round for a heavy is FV 215B's APCR (or AMX-50B's, which has the same performance), which is better than the standard heavy tank HEAT between 51 and 70 degrees.  Again, though, the differences are small; on the order of 5% at 70 degrees.

You know what I like? The average winrate of The Clan of the Comieboo. 

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000022609/players#players&offset=0&limit=25&order=-role&timeframe=all&battle_type=default

53.75 percent. 

I know we're not Unicum purple statpadding autists with no life who 3-man platoon all day in OP tanks in between rubbing one out over My Little Pony pron. But for average guys, with average lives, it looks like we have learned the sekrit skills of waiting until the circle gets small before clicking, getting behind cover when spotted and angling or hull downing when needed.

In WoT those are superb skills, as 5% of players can't evem locate BIG Red button to start playing the fucking game. God, i miss SerB trolling of playerbase, he was one of first real comieboo, delivering pain and butthurtz to deutcheSTRNG crowd.