Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

In case literally anyone on this website hasn't realized it yet: All of these narratives, guys? All the doctrine and dogma and shit you're supposed to believe about this group being misunderstood and this behavior being unacceptable and blah blah blah?

Yeah, that's all shit that exists only for political advantage. Sorry.

29 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

Well, if Mr. Greentext there turns out to be telling the truth, then this is the first ploy the left has tried since like June that's actually worked.

I'm pretty sure it was a conservative account that dug up that video, so I wouldn't give credit to the left for this. 

7 hours ago, Legiondude said:

On top of it all his publisher, after everything prior to this week, canned his book deal

Conservatives aren't going to buy his book after this.

48 minutes ago, Scolopax said:

Yeah. It is startling suspicious that there has been ZERO stories about Milo on Breitbart since this story broke and I believe they have taken some of his shit down off their site.

44 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

Well, if Mr. Greentext there turns out to be telling the truth, then this is the first ploy the left has tried since like June that's actually worked.

7 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

I don't think career ruination works like it used to. People from the top down can dump Milo overboard all they want, but if people still listen to him he'll remain popular.

I mean, that's pretty much what the 2016 election taught us, right?

Again. Here's the deal. This isn't the Left and Liberals taking down Milo. This is Conservatives taking down Milo. 

Unlike Trump who has been well-known by the American public since the 1980s. Whatever Trump says or whatever scandal you can dig up on Trump is already well known. We know who and what Donald Trump. And Conservatives don't care because he is moving the ball politically in our favor.

Milo is a new thing. Most Americans who care about politics only ever heard of this guy over the past month or so with the college campus riots. Maybe a few more will recall him getting taken down from Twitter because of the female Ghostbusters debacle.

Other than a handful of guys with Pepe the Frog avatars on their social media accounts, people weren't going to Milo for their daily dose of political wisdom. They go to Rush Limbaugh or Michael Savage or Fox News or Mark Levin or Ben Shapiro or Dinesh D'Souza and websites like National Review or whatever. As such, when these protests were going on over Milo, Conservatives naturally flocked to defend him like they would - say - Ben Shapiro or Dinesh D'souza who also have been on the receiving end of college protests. Nobody really went through the time to check Milo's past years of work see how it jived with mainstream Conservative belief. 

If the triggered snowflakes on the Left hadn't been rioting at Milo events or doxxing - for example - the female College Young Republican president at the University of Washington and threatening her life, no one would have went to Milo's speaking event. The CRs would have been lucky to get 50 people. I know, because I've gone to similar type events with the UW CRs. Instead, what we got was riots, and information that trickled out that Milo is a troll and a gay guy who makes fun of hypocritical lefties and - OH! - did you see that funny meme where he said the Womyn's March got more fat women walking in one day than Michelle Obama did in 8 years.

Haha! Funny stuff.

No one went back in time to vet this guy because - fuck it - no one has the time these days.

That is until today's news. And unfortunately for Milo, he doesn't have enough standing in the Conservative community for folks to want to go to bat in order to defend him. Not when it is pedophilia. We already fought on that hill for the Catholic Church. Look where it got us with the politics of the new Pope.

Milo's career is fucked. 

1 minute ago, Sturgeon said:

I think you're applying Old Right rules to a New Right problem. But I guess we'll see.

Who knows. Maybe he'll be able to hold on to a small, loyal band of followers, start up a slightly different website if he should get fired at Breitbart and toil in the political wilderness for a few years before coming back into the mainstream. I mean fuck, if Tucker Carlson can fucking resurrect his career and become the lead host on Fox News, anybody can do it.

But again, this couldn't happen at a worse time. The CPAC address was Milo's nomination to be prom queen, where he'd finally be ushered into mainstream political life with the usual invitations to be interviewed on primetime news programs where he could shill for his book and maybe even get a talk radio deal. Who knows. 

Instead, Milo's political prom dance had a different ending.

tumblr_odenz170av1ty43bfo1_500.gif

40 minutes ago, Donward said:

Who knows. Maybe he'll be able to hold on to a small, loyal band of followers, start up a slightly different website if he should get fired at Breitbart and toil in the political wilderness for a few years before coming back into the mainstream. I mean fuck, if Tucker Carlson can fucking resurrect his career and become the lead host on Fox News, anybody can do it.

But again, this couldn't happen at a worse time. The CPAC address was Milo's nomination to be prom queen, where he'd finally be ushered into mainstream political life with the usual invitations to be interviewed on primetime news programs where he could shill for his book and maybe even get a talk radio deal. Who knows. 

Instead, Milo's political prom dance had a different ending.

tumblr_odenz170av1ty43bfo1_500.gif

That's a nice narrative, but CPAC is Old Right. New Right/Alt-Right is what matters. Neither Milo nor just about anybody else in the alt-right gives a shit whether the old guard approves of them or not. So the question here is whether the Alt-Right takes the bait and eats Milo. Which I'm betting they won't. The Alt-Right didn't get here by being stupid.

See, if they eat Milo, even if he deserves it because he diddles kids, that's the camel's nose in the tent. Next they'll come for Gavin, or Ben, or Sargon or whomever the kiddies are listening to these days. And if those people have disowned Milo, then when their time comes they'll in turn get disowned. I don't think they're that dumb, because these tactics are old and this anvil has been being continuously struck for the past three or four years. Natural selection, these guys don't eat their own.

And so far, signs point to "I'm right". Sargon has already backed Milo. I expect the others to, as well.

Honestly man, I don't really believe the Alt-Right has that much power or influence.

Rush Limbaugh or Mark Levin or Michael Savage have anywhere from 5 to 12 million audience members. Plust Trump - or Trump's handlers - actually listen to their shows, read their books and incorporate what talk radio says into Trump's policies.

Does the Alt Right even vote?

I still haven't had time yet to do a good fisking on who the Democrats have on their short and laughably meager bench of potential Presidential candidates in 2020. 

However, scuttlebutt has it that Washington state's governor Jay Inslee might want to give it a go.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/inslees-profile-lifted-with-states-legal-victories-on-immigration/

*Laughs maniacally.*

46 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

He isn't the guy who said temp immigration ban was the darkest day since we interned the Japanese? 

I'm not sure. I do know that Inslee and our attorney general Bob Ferguson have made a bit of political hay over the lawsuit temporarily holding up Trump's temporary immigration ban from those seven countries.

It's always kind of funny to me because there's always talk about our local politicians in Washington state going back to DC and making a big splash when -  no - the rest of the country views my home state as a literal wilderness filled with hippies and trees way out in the middle of nowhere on the Left Coast.