Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

DRDO; India's Porsche

Bronezhilet

6 hours ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

Although I'm not the one who said that, but @SH_MM you have to agree that the Arjun's turret looks like a Leopard 2A1-4's turret mated with the Leclerc's horrid mantlet, but worse.

I guess it's time I register to DFI. The shit flinging will be fun. Maybe we can assemble a whole squad.

Its actually not fun, even wehraboos are more self aware and capable of realizing they look really fucking stupid right now occasionally.... Indians, not so much

stop assuming things , this is indian development , india is not known for spying stuff ..........if you don't know how good is this tank to leopard than stop comparing ......... india has displayed mock up version of 5th gen fighter in 2008 , but japan 5th gen fighter which designed its 5th gen fighter in 2014 looks exactly same that doesn't mean japan copied indian design , same way india never touched leopard 2a3 nor operated nor copied nor stolen the design by hacking .........if you have said india copied from t-90 that would have made sense because india operates t-90 ......... we may miss deadlines , we may import stuff , but we never copy from some other or never steal from another ............when we make something that is always best of its class , we don't make cheap stuff ...........arjun mk2 is the costliest tank in the world .....even with low wages and low cost of material ..........next time before blaming name something that india copied from another country then we can debate about this tank ......

12 minutes ago, Bronezhilet said:

We should have a blacktail-esque topic for Matsimus.

He's surely not THAT bad?!

Okay, reading off wikipedia articles... :/

IMO his biggest problem is he's trying really, really hard to be inoffensive so people don't get pissed at him - he really doesn't take criticism well in the comments.

Also, hi- my first post here.

30 minutes ago, juretrn said:

IMO his biggest problem is he's trying really, really hard to be inoffensive so people don't get pissed at him - he really doesn't take criticism well in the comments.

Hello, nice to have you!

As always for new folk on the forum: the rules

1 hour ago, juretrn said:

Welcome to SH!

2 hours ago, juretrn said:

Yeah this is pretty much how I feel. I've watched him play Steel Beasts for awhile and just don't use him for tank information. He's no expert, but at least he doesn't make any radical claims, he falls into common traps like 'Challenger 2 is best tenk' but I don't think he's ever said anything that made me have to just get off the internet for a day.

Also hi, am also new here and couldn't find the forum rules until just now :x

Also wtf at Matsimus' video, I haven't even watched the video and I'm already facepalming:

If necessary explosive reactive armor blocks can be added for improved protection.

...I don't think there are Arjuns with ERA.

Arjun MBT also incorporates significant crew protection measures, including ammunition compartment separated from the crew with a blow-off panels in the turret bustle.

Uuuhhh hello?

fuRCTWN.jpg

The ammunition isn't separated from the crew at all and if by "blow-off panels" he means "crew hatches" then I guess he's right.

Seriously though, how can you get shit like this wrong? 

About the Arjun Mk2:

This new main battle tank is armed with a fully-stabilized 120-mm rifled gun, which is loaded manually. A rifled gun of such caliber is only used on the British Challenger 2 MBT. 

This is a *worse* rifled gun than the Brits use. AND GUESS WHAT, THE BRITS WANTED TO GET RID OF IT BECAUSE ITS TRASH

This gun is more accurate at long range comparing with smoothbore guns.

L O L 

Does he not know that to fire APFSDS from a rifled gun you have to basically 'un-rifle' the barrel because APFSDS CAN'T BE FUCKING SPIN STABILISED!? Maybe it's more accurate with HESH and HE-Frag, or maybe not because spin stabilisation will have a negative effect on drift. But who the fuck cares, rifled HE-Frag doesn't exist (afaik) and HESH is trash anyway.

It is claimed that during trials this new Indian tank outgunned both the T-72M and T-90

And I claim that claim is bullshit. Which it is.

44 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Yeah this is pretty much how I feel. I've watched him play Steel Beasts for awhile and just don't use him for tank information. He's no expert, but at least he doesn't make any radical claims, he falls into common traps like 'Challenger 2 is best tenk' but I don't think he's ever said anything that made me have to just get off the internet for a day.

Also hi, am also new here and couldn't find the forum rules until just now :x

Welcome to SH!