Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

http://below-the-turret-ring.blogspot.ru/2017/01/hardkill-aps-overview.html

SH, about Afghanit - You say that frontal arc is not covered and picture posted shows launchers aimed at the front of the vehicle...

121.jpg

Also, Drozd pics

r3F3vcM.jpg

ef8b9dc9e245.jpg

Drozd.jpg

f394dbcfc7f2.jpg

dr3-500.jpg

dr2-500.jpg

98931a276f53.jpg

Soviet APS 

Veer-1 and Veer-3 (on T-64)

e9x8o2s.jpg

ou4hMF1.jpg

Zaslon is basically a Soviet Dozhd'

otZhRCI.jpg

oLLcxee.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I was/am having a bit of time shortage, so I didn't proof read well enough. I will try to fix the error and incorporate your new information into the post when updating.

Quick question for the knowledgeable folk over here: what is the approximate minimum turret ring size for turrets with one, two and three-man crews? Furter; is there a standard way of calculating turret ring diameter for a given crew size and/or gun?

This useful website provides the following, which seems like pretty good approximations of minimum sizes:

M1917 - 91cm

M2A1 - 112cm

M3 Stuart - 118.7cm

M3 Lee (37mm turret) - 138cm

Comparing apples to apples, it seems that for a given gun you need something like 20-30cm extra for each new crew member. Which seems like very little, to be honest.

Quick question for the knowledgeable folk over here: what is the approximate minimum turret ring size for turrets with one, two and three-man crews? Furter; is there a standard way of calculating turret ring diameter for a given crew size and/or gun?

This useful website provides the following, which seems like pretty good approximations of minimum sizes:

M1917 - 91cm

M2A1 - 112cm

M3 Stuart - 118.7cm

M3 Lee (37mm turret) - 138cm

Comparing apples to apples, it seems that for a given gun you need something like 20-30cm extra for each new crew member. Which seems like very little, to be honest.

I would think the amount of crew members you could fit in a turret would be proportional to area, rather that diameter. The people in the turret aren't going to be standing in a straight line (probably).

Areas inside the turret rings of the tanks you listed above:

M1917 - .650 m2

M2A1 - .985 m2

M3 Stuart - 1.107 m2

M3 Lee - 1.496 m2